Are you a highly motivated and talented professional who would like to work in our UN Environment Programme collaboration centre? We are currently looking for a new member of the team to support ongoing work and assist with expanding the portfolio of water-related projects within the fields of water management, climate change and environment. Employment would be full-time and initially for a one-year period, with a possibility for a permanent position.
DHI is an independent, international advisory and research organization operating on a not-for profit basis. Our ambition is to promote the sustainable management and use of water resources. DHI has more than 1,000 highly qualified employees in more than 30 offices worldwide. We are deeply committed to our role as global enablers of better decisions for water resources, and one of the ways we put this into action is through our UNEP-DHI Centre (https://www.unepdhi.org/), where you would be working. UNEP-DHI Centre supports water-related decision-making, from the policy to the project level, through a range of activities, knowledge products and cutting-edge tools. Based in Denmark, you would be a valued member of a small and highly dedicated core team drawing on a larger pool of 40+ colleagues at DHI to support the UN Environment Programme’s work on freshwater.
Responsibilities and challenges
You are professionally and personally interested in sustainable development and have a broad understanding of environmental issues. You understand the role of the United Nations and its Environment Programme and have worked with projects in developing countries. Importantly, you are a good communicator, have a can-do-attitude, are self-driven but know when to ask for help, and thrive in a collaborative, open-office environment.
The main responsibilities and challenges in the job are:
- Driving the dissemination and further development of a new water solutions portal
- Assistance to work on monitoring and reporting on Sustainable Development Goal 6
- Quantitative data processing and data presentation
- Project management administration tasks using enterprise resource planning software
- Project formulation, proposal writing and fund raising
- Writing of communications including topical studies and reports on various aspects of water management, development and use
- Assistance with ongoing efforts to strengthen internal monitoring and evaluation
Qualifications and personal skills
To succeed in the role, you ideally have:
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in engineering, environmental sciences, or other discipline related to water resources, environmental, climate change and sustainable development issues
- Relevant work experience of at least 4 years in the field of water resources management, with knowledge of ecosystem-based management and climate change issues
- A high level of fluency in written and spoken English. In addition, with proficiency in French and Spanish, considered highly desirable
- Knowledge of and experience with the Sustainable Development Goals
- Experience in developing water-related proposals for funding agencies, such as World Bank, GCF, GEF, International Development Banks, development agencies, and charities
Our main office is at DHI’s HQ in Hoersholm, about 25 km north of Copenhagen. We also have a satellite office in the UN City building in Copenhagen.
Application / next step
Please submit your application including CV via the relevant job posting on DHI’s website: http://www.dhigroup.com/careers
Deadline for application is (30-11-2020). Applications will be evaluated when received, so please apply as soon as possible.
For further information please contact Gareth James Lloyd, Deputy Chief Manager, UNEP-DHI Centre +45 4516 9513