Local recruitment: Environment and Sustainability Manager (Major Projects)
Environment and Sustainability Manager – Major Projects
- Help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney
- Permanent role
- Parramatta Location or other areas of operation.
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Major Projects, and working in matrix format with our Engineering and Technical Support function, this role will lead the successful management of the environmental, land planning, sustainability and heritage related technical support, management and approvals to support the development and delivery of a suite of major projects ($100m+, strategically important, unique).
The role will be accountable for managing strategic liaison with key approval environmental approval stakeholders such as DPIE, EPA and INSW for these mission critical projects across Sydney Water. The investment program will include works from need identification, planning, concept design and approvals to design and construction, commissioning and handover as well as benefits realization and this role will lead the identification and management of environmental and sustainability matters to support these activities.
The position is accountable to build long term trusted internal, key government agency and supply chain relationships and establishing effective and integrated management of environmental and sustainability matters to support the development and delivery of major projects, bringing together multi-disciplinary professionals from across Sydney Water, our key stakeholders and our supply chain partners to deliver value. The role will work side-by-side with our corporate sustainability, environmental governance and engineering and technical support functions to deliver upon its accountabilities. The position will focus on ensuring Sydney Water is able to safely, prudently and efficiently develop and delivery major and strategically important investments adding significant value to Sydney Water’s customers and key stakeholders.
- 15+ years’ work experience in environmental management and delivery of multiple large investment programs within the infrastructure/utilities sectors
- Demonstrated experience in leading large, multi-disciplinary integrated teams and/or alliances
- Relevant degree qualification (e.g. Environmental Science or Management, Natural Resource Management, Environmental Law) or experience deemed equivalent
- Experience in business case development and external government investment assurance processes
- Relevant industry accreditations and professional memberships considered favourably
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, regulation and policy, including trends in these.
- Proven capability in leading positive business change, working across organisational reporting lines and building enhanced client delivery management capability.
- Demonstrated experience in written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills at all levels both internal and external to the organisations, with the ability to establish a high degree of credibility
Type of leader you are
- Solution focused with the ability to find a way to make things better.
- You stand up and contribute by challenging the norm and sharing your knowledge and offering opinions respectfully
- You do what you say with integrity, transparency and trust.
- You support and encourage by actively listening, identify and acknowledge others’ strengths and skills.
- You own the outcome by owning your role, understand the impact and how it contributes to the cooperate strategy of the organisation.
Application closes: 13 November 2020
Please see the position description for the roles full accountabilities.
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process. Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.
- Closes in 15 days - 13 Nov 2020
- Published on 20 Oct 2020, 8:52 PM