Development of National Regulation on Tariff Setting for Urban Sanitation Services in Cambodia
- The Royal Government of Cambodia (RGC) through the Ministry of Economy and Finance (MEF) and the Ministry of Public Works and Transport (MPWT) and Ministry of Industry, Science, Technology and Innovation (MISTI) has received a Credit in the amount of US$55.00 million equivalent from the International Development Association (IDA) toward the cost of the Water Supply and Sanitation Improvement Project (WaSSIP) for five years starting from 2019 to 2024 and intends to apply part of the proceeds for Consulting Services for Development of National Regulation on Tariff Setting for Urban Sanitation Services in Cambodia.
- The Consulting services (“the Services”) include the following activities: (i) review options for setting, charging and recovering sanitation tariff (wastewater and FSM), and support client to lead a process to agree the principles and policy basis for a sanitation tariff such as achieving cost recovery, promoting efficiency, ensuring equity (the poor vs. the non-poor, the sewered vs. non-sewered customers, etc.), and balancing affordability among customers. (ii) prepare draft regulation and financial calculation model for sanitation tariffs based on the principles in (i) above. (iii) apply the newly developed regulation and tariff calculation model to Siem Reap City. (iv) make recommendations of how and when sanitation tariffs can be levied and phased-in across the country.
- The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment can be found at the following website: https://www.mpwt.gov.kh/kh/documents/notice/358
- The Component-2 Management Unit (CMU-2) within MPWT now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are:
- Overall assessment of the consultants such as core business and years in business, and relevant experience
- At least 10 years of experience of governance and finance work supporting water supply and sanitation utilities, sector financing, or other similar fields.
- Completed at least 2 related assignments that are of a similar nature to this consultancy over the last 7 years.
- Experience of developing tariff models for water or sanitation services in a developing country context (Southeast Asia) is required.
- Previous work in Cambodia in the urban water and sanitation sector.
- Key Experts will not be evaluated at the shortlisting stage.
- Consultants may associate with other firms to enhance their qualifications, but should indicate clearly whether the association is in the form of a joint venture and/or a sub-consultancy. In the case of a joint venture, all the partners in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if selected.
- A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Consultants’ Qualification Selection (CQS) method set out in the World Bank's "Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers: Procurement in Investment Project Financing (hereinafter referred to as "Procurement Regulations) dated July 1, 2016 (revised November 2017 and August 2018).
- Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
- Expressions of Interest must be delivered in person both in electronic and hard copy with a submission letter (1 electronic copy and 2 hard copies) which clearly indicates the assignment tittle and reference number (MPWT-CS-5) to the address below no later than 13-November-2020 before 15:00 (Cambodia local time).
Attn: Dr. Chao Sopheak Phibal, WaSSIP Component Director of CMU-2 and Deputy Director General
General Directorate of Sewerage and Wastewater Management (GDSWM)
Ministry of Public Works and Transport (MPWT) 4th Floor, Central Building, Comer Norodom Blvd. and St.106, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
E-mail: and Cc.: Mr. Lun Heng via E-mail: , and Mr. Saly Chetra via E-mail: , and ,