This is a 12-month fixed-term contract and is subject to a 6 month probation period (there is a possibility of an extension).
Salary: between £22,000 and £26,000 per annum pro-rata (dependent on experience) plus benefits including a 8% pension.
Hours: 22.5 hours per week.
For more than 25 years Westcountry Rivers Trust (WRT) has steadfastly restored and protected rivers and their habitats across the region, to benefit wildlife, people, and the local economy.
To encourage others to feel as passionate about freshwater environments as we do, we work with urban and rural communities, the fishing, farming and business sectors, local authorities, water companies, other NGOs and more to ensure our rivers and all they support can thrive, now and in the future.
We are proud to see our vision for rivers roll out across the country with the creation of The Rivers Trust national charity in 2004 and a growing 60+ Trust network across the UK.
To continue to build on this momentum even more in the Westcountry, we are seeking a Communications & Marketing Officer to help us in our mission of bringing rivers to life.
As Communications and Marketing Officer at Westcountry Rivers Trust, your role will be to support our Communications and Marketing Manager and on-going communications activities.
You will have excellent copywriting skills, experience across integrated marketing campaigns, website content management ability, and the capability to manage a wide variety of relevant tasks.
- To assist WRT’s Communications and Marketing Manager with the communication and marketing requirements of specific Trust projects
- Increase awareness of project activities through newsletters, blogs, and social media, producing content in-house & working with external suppliers if necessary
- Regularly update and continue to develop the WRT website
- Support the on-going development and maintenance of social media channels ensuring the Trust stays ahead of emerging trends
- To produce in-house a range of publications & marketing materials for both print and web, project reports, leaflets and brochures using design software
- Liaise with external suppliers of communications and marketing services, as required e.g. printers, designers, etc.
- Assist in organising events including planning and attending events to help ensure they run smoothly (including online), as well as preparing marketing materials for the promotion of events
- Undertake administration, including managing calendars for events and workshops
- To monitor, evaluate and report on all communications and marketing activity including compilation and analysis of audience data results across all media channels
- To contribute ideas and help identify relevant tools and tactics to enhance communications
- To initiate an internal communications process
Skills and Competencies
- Adaptable and organised when prioritising workload, able to work to deadlines and manage conflicting demands when working under pressure.
- A proactive approach and evidence of using initiative with effective problem-solving skills
- Ability to work successfully within a team and also liaise with, and build relationships with, other internal/external personnel.
Qualifications & Experience
- An appropriate qualification in marketing and communications or other relevant field and/or at least 1 years’ experience in a comms and marketing role [E]
- A proven track record of involvement in successful marketing campaigns [D]
- Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills with good attention to detail [E]
- Knowledge and competence in Microsoft Office applications [E]
- Experience of Adobe Suite and/or online design platforms such as Canva [E]
- Experience in website content management, preferably WordPress [D]
- An interest in environmental issues [D]
At present, the role will be predominantly home-based due to COVID-19 circumstances. However, due to the location of the Westcountry Rivers Trust office, the successful candidate must be able to travel to the office in Stoke Climsland if necessary.
Send your CV and a one-page covering letter outlining how you see your experience matching the above criteria to Westcountry Rivers Trust, Rain-Charm House, Kyl Cober Parc, Stoke Climsland, Cornwall PL17 8PH or email to – please ensure you mark your application as applying for the job of Communications & Marketing Officer.
For further information see www.wrt.org.uk
Submission by: 5pm, Friday 13th November 2020.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 25th November 2020.