U.S. nationals: Natural Resource Specialist
Explore a new career with the BLM - where our people are our greatest natural resource.
This position is located in Lakewood, Colorado at the National Operations Center. Information about Lakewood. Colorado and the surrounding area can be found at City of Lakewood, Colorado.
We expect to fill one vacancy at this time; however, additional positions may be filled from this announcement if they become available.
Learn more about this agency
- Maintains multi-disciplinary associations within the BLM, including, but not limited to, wildlife, soils, hydrology, forestry, range, engineering, recreation, sociology, economics, and financial management.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge and capabilities in the areas of NRDAR and AML program management, environmental protection, natural resources management, program issues and executive strategies for Federal land resources.
- Fosters the integration of NRDAR processes and outcomes in BLM Hazardous Materials Management (HMM) and AML site evaluations, investigations, cleanup activities, and program management.
- Maintains awareness of developments in legislation, regulations, policy, and case law for effects on the implementation of the AML and NRDAR programs.
- Provides guidance to field offices on preparing for, initiating and conducting NRDAR cases, recommendations of methodologies to be used in assessments, and assistance in planning and conducting assessments.
- Advises the Assistant Director, Renewable Resources and Planning; State Directors; the Chief, NOC Division of Resource Services; and Chief, NOC Branch of Program Operations, on NRDAR technical and policy issues and Bureau program interests.
- Prepares responses to inquiries regarding programmatic, financial and other matters relating to NRDAR activities.