Reef Catchments is a regional community not-for-profit business focused on enhanced use and management of natural resources (land, water, vegetation and ecosystem health) while maintaining a viable regional community.
Reef Catchments is currently seeking a motivated and experienced person for the role of Program Leader. This position involves the management of staff associated with multiple projects and requires excellent time and project management skills.
Roles and primary duties
The Program Leader is responsible for:
- Leadership and management of the Reef Catchments project teams, comprised of
- Coasts and Biodiversity
- Sustainable Agriculture
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Water and Waterways
- Actively pursuing new and emerging opportunities that align with Reef Catchment’s strategic plan
- Lead the efficient and effective planning, delivery and reporting of NRM programs and projects
- Create a culture of continuous improvement within the team, ensuring that appropriate program and project monitoring, evaluation and review systems are implemented to effectively inform NRM planning processes and meet the needs of internal, regional and investor stakeholders
- Lead the development and negotiation of proposals, deliverables, milestones and schedules for new funding programs
- Ensuring the delivery of high quality and timely performance reporting to investors and stakeholders
- Building strong regional relationships and collaborative partnerships with key organisations and individuals to further Reef Catchments’ vision, mission and purpose
- Supporting an organisation-wide collaborative approach to the exploration of new opportunities
- Ensuring that all staff in the NRM team comply with Reef Catchments’ policies, procedures and values
- Undertaking work in a manner that complies with Reef Catchments’ policies, procedures and values
- Supporting the corporate strategy and vision of Reef Catchments
- As a member of the senior management team of Reef Catchment, provide input to the corporate strategy of the organisation.
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant field such as Natural Resource Management, Land Management or similar discipline is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and motivate employees, with significant experience in managing multi-disciplinary and collaborative teams to deliver.
- Strong relationship building, communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated experience in the identification, development and implementation of project proposals, writing proposals, budgeting, reporting, monitoring and evaluating programs, contract and contractor management.
- A demonstrated understanding of contemporary natural resource management issues, together with an understanding of regional NRM organisations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate with influence to a diverse client base including farmers, agricultural industry groups, government and contractors.
- Current manual Driver’s Licence.
How to apply:
- More information about Reef Catchments and its activities is available at www.reefcatchments.com.au
- Further information can be obtained by contacting: Human Resources, phone: (07) 4968 4200 or email:
How you will be assessed
- Provide a response outlining your suitability for the position based on the selection criteria. Your response should be no more than 2 pages;
- Attach your current resume (of no more than 4 pages).
The selection panel will assess your ability to perform the work required of the position based on your response and resume and other selection processes which may include an interview.