Chemonics seeks a local community engagement and government liaison officer – senior position for the ongoing USAID Rural Water Supply Activity in Tajikistan. The project aims to provide a range of long- and short-term technical assistance, along with funding for small-scale construction and rehabilitation of drinking water systems, to support the government of Tajikistan (GoT), specifically local governments, in providing sustainable drinking water services in unserved and under-served rural areas. The local community engagement and government liaison officer will be based in Khujand and will establish and maintain relations with Sughd Oblat administration officials, local water, and sanitation service enterprises. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide leadership and strategic vision to activities promoting community engagement in local governance and improved drinking water, sanitation, and hygiene services
- Strengthen the capacity of local officials to engage with citizens, include them in participatory planning processes, and incorporate their priorities into planning documents
- Facilitate citizen participation in collaborative decision making, management, and monitoring related to the water supply service
- In partnership with local governments, develop a mechanism for continuous engagement between service providers and water consumers
- Assist to the local governments in conduction Public hearings on tariff setting for water supply and sanitation services
- Assist in transferring the constructed/rehabilitated water supply systems to the ownership of local self-government bodies
- If necessary, assist private entrepreneurs in obtaining permits for the provision of water supply services from local government bodies
- University degree or preferably a master’s degree in relevant field
- Minimum of eight (8) years of relevant work experience
- Experience working for foreign organizations or international donors
- Preferred experience working with local governments and/or water supply projects
- Proven capacity to work in an effective and collaborative manner
- Familiarity with MS Office software suite
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluent Tajik, Russian and working knowledge of English
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and Local community engagement and government liaison officer – senior position in the subject line to TajikRWSrecruits@chemonics.com by November 6, 2020. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.