Climate Change Adaptation Professional
Together we can accomplish great things by acting in the collective interest. Due to an increase in mandates, we have a career opportunity for a mid-level professional with 5 to 10 years of experience the risk management of climate change (CC). The ideal candidate will contribute towards the technical and social issues related to the impacts of CC on our cities and territories, the integration of CC risks in life cycle and asset management plans, and resilience. At the start, you will be working from home and post-covid you be based in our office in either Montreal or Quebec City or a combination thereof.
- Participate in CC adaptation projects:
- Analyze vulnerabilities.
- Identify and assess impacts on the built environment, natural environments and communities.
- Make recommendations on risk mitigation and adaptation measures, including policy, regulatory and design and operational adjustments.
- Develop adaptation plans.
- Provide support in all of Stantec's business sectors (environment, buildings, transportation, energy and resources, infrastructure and water).
- Collaborate with other Stantec practitioners in several offices of the global organization.
- Contribute to the annual growth of new CC-related services.
- Prepare effective technical proposals and take an active role in the development of new business.
- Initiate and maintain client relationships.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering/environmental science/planning or related discipline.
- Knowledge of CC challenges in Canada
- Knowledge of climate risk assessment tools and standards.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in risk management.
- Experience in CC risk analysis (asset)
- Excellent communication skills (written / verbal) in French and in English.
- Strategic thinking, negotiation, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to travel in Canada and abroad
What we offer
- Regular full-time position: 37.5 hrs/week.
- Flexibility of scheduling work hours.
- Competitive compensation.
- Reimbursement of professional association membership fees.
- Flexible group insurance plan.
- Group RRSP.
- Employee Share Ownership Plan.
- Training and skills development program.
Job: Environmental Scientist
Primary Location: Canada-Quebec-Montréal
Other Locations: Canada-Quebec-Ville de Québec
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 200001T5