Extension Program Specialist III (Urban Water Security and Water Conservation)
Texas A&M University
Dallas, TX, United States
Senior (10+ Years)
Advanced Degree (Master's or JD)
The Extension Program Specialist III, under direction, leads and develops programs, services, products, and/or processes.
- Responsible for, leading, sponsoring, facilitating, setting-up and conducting meetings and workshops to provide forums for discussions related to Urban Water Security and Water Conservation across the Dallas-Ft. Worth Region.
- Oversee and conduct outreach and education activities needed to provide visibility for coordinated urban water programs, publicize water conservation improvement efforts and build local support for Texas A&M AgriLife urban water programs.
- Facilitate information exchange through the use of newsletters, social media and other forms of communication amongst the water use and management community in the Dallas-Ft. Worth region.
- Help identify strategic linkages with other groups and agencies related to urban water management.
- Develop and facilitate community-based engagement and/or citizen science projects in coordination with the urban water programs across the region
- Work with all AgriLife and TAMU units to help identify and seek additional funding to continue urban water conservation programs in the Dallas-Ft. Worth region.
- Assist and lead as delegated with writing and submitting grant proposals to help link partners and projects to available funding sources.
- Assist with development and updating of AgriLife websites and formal Extension publications addressing urban water security and water conservation efforts.
- Assist with the development of peer-reviewed research and Extension publications.
- Performs other job related duties as required.
Education and Experience
- M.S. in applicable water resources related area of study.
- Ten years of experience in delivering urban focused water conservation outreach and continuing education programs.
- Experience engaging a broad and diverse range of water resource stakeholders.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
- Proficiency in spoken Spanish is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to multi-task and develop collaborative projects and programs.
- Ability to effectively engage with County Extension Agents and Regional Program Leaders in developing programs and materials.