The WASH Advisor plays a key role in providing strategic direction and technical support in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of CARE Yemen WASH Program. S/he works with technical staff at country office, field locations as well as CARE International Technical staff at HQ or home offices. S/he leads coordination and Representation at national level and establishes and Maintains strong relationships with stakeholders (Government, Clusters, local partners etc.). S/he will be required to regularly visit project sites or provide remote support to monitor and report on the quality of WASH program interventions. The position holder will take overall responsibility in regular reviews and implementation of CARE Yemen WASH strategy. S/he will also be required provide support to both Emergency and Development interventions in line with Care Yemen Country Office strategy.
- Strategic Planning & Program Design
- Program Quality
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEAL)
- Capacity building and Staff management
- Coordination & Representation
- At least BA degree in a related field like Public Health Engineering, Public Health Promotion. At least 5 years experience in managing both emergency or development WASH programs
- Minimum 5 years proven experience in WASH programming.
- Prior experience working in Yemen or similar contexts.
- Experience in Proposal writing and managing multi donor projects (experience in working with OFDA/USAID, UN- OCHA & DFID).
- Experience in coordination and representation at National Level including working through the cluster coordination mechanism.
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at email@example.com.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.