Junior GIS & Data Technician
Who are we?
Here within the Anglian Water @one Alliance we are a totally collaborative organisation made up of our seven partner companies (Anglian Water, Balfour Beatty, Barhale, MMB, MWH Treatment, Skanska and SWECO) and our extended supply chain, delivering over half of Anglian Water’s capital investment programme.
We are heading into our latest Asset Management Period, known as AMP 7 and this will see us deliver a £1.4bn programme of work over the next five years. Are you ready to join us as we gear up to deliver the most exciting and innovative AMP we have ever seen?
Working across such a vast area of the country requires us to have in-depth knowledge and details of key geographical data to enable us to efficiently plan projects accordingly. Using GIS is a pivotal part of our Enabling team’s activities and to enhance our data catalogue and development of GIS applications, we are looking for a GIS & Data Technician to join us!
What will you be doing as our new GIS & Data Technician (Junior)?
As our new GIS & Data Technician, you’ll be responsible for maintaining and updating the GIS datasets used within the @one Alliance’s GIS systems. Acting as a truly collaborative and visible member of the team, you’ll support in the delivery of GIS training and guidance to the Enabling Team and wider business, driving innovation, collaboration and efficiency through the adoption of digital technology.
- Responsible for the maintenance and updating of the numerous GIS datasets held within @one Alliance GIS Systems
- Build and maintain relationships with data suppliers and the wider business to develop improved processes to managing data updates and linking data from different sources to create more intelligent views
- Report on all data management process improvements and data catalogue additions
- Provide advice and guidance across the @one alliance to champion the use of GIS to support strategic and high-profile schemes
- Provide training and guidance on GIS processes and systems to the Enabling Team and wider business
- Use digital technology to drive innovation and efficiency within the Enabling Team and wider @One Alliance, applying logical and analytical approaches to critically challenge current systems and processes
A little bit about your skills, experience and behaviours….
To join us in this recently created position, you’ll be educated to degree level with a BSc or MSc in GIS, Geography, Environmental Science or Earth Science (minimum 2:1 at degree level) and have -experience using GIS packages (ArcGIS, QGIS, MapInfo) for geoprocessing and visualisation of data.
Keen to learn and able to operate in a dynamic team, you’ll possess effective written/verbal communication and organisation/analytical skills whilst demonstrating the ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, and work independently with minimal supervision.
If the opportunity to play a key part in optimising our GIS packages whilst gaining fantastic exposure to enhance your career appeals to you, please apply today!
Closing Date: 30 October 2020
A collaborative alliance, driving change. Empowering us to set global benchmarks and building a better environment for our customers. We strive to:
Empower our people; Delight our Customers; Embrace digital transformation; Deliver brilliance.
To bring environmental and social prosperity to the region we serve through our commitment to Love Every Drop we:
Build trust; Do the right thing; Are always exploring
The Anglian Water @one Alliance. Seven partners, endless opportunities.