U.S. nationals: Hydrologic Technician
What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?
This is a term appointment not to exceed 13 months with possible extensions up to a total of 4 years without further competition. Appointment to this position will not convey permanent status in the Federal service.
Salary: $39,291 (Step 01) to $51,082 (Step 10)
NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.
Learn more about this agency
As a Hydrologic Technician within the Virginia-West Virginia Water Science Center, some of your specific duties will include:
- Performs routing measurements of stage and discharge applying various methods and using different equipment.
- Computes and checks surface-water records and flags high-water marks.
- Performs, reviews water-level and discharge measurements from wells and springs.
- Develops simple stage-discharge and or velocity index curves and ratings.
- Performs routine field or lab analyses of sample constituents.
- Collects, processes, computes and check routine sediment sample using appropriate techniques, equipment and protocols.
- Under general supervision establishes straightforward vertical and horizontal datums applying appropriate surveying and geostationary reference techniques.
- Assists in the construction and removal of gages an supporting structures.
- Installs, maintains, services and troubleshoots of sensing recording and communications equipment and instrumentation.
- Checks and verifies ground-water records and data summaries prior to publication.
- Operate a government owned or leased vehicle as an incidental driver.