WWF-China is now inviting applications for a Chief Representative to be based in Beijing.
- Provides overall direction and leadership in developing and executing their strategic objectives and institutional vision;
- Further strengthens profile, reputation and credibility in China and influences policies and practices in line with their global program priorities;
- Initiates and leads strategic partnerships relevant for China's strategic plan and institutional vision as well as their Network's key global initiatives;
- Effectively leads, coordinates, manages and develops the leadership team and supports them in executing the strategy and managing talent and resources;
- Builds a positive, engaging, creative, safe and respectful work environment for all staff;
- Leads staff effectively through creation of a shared vision ensuring all staff understand their contribution;
- Represents at network meetings, government affairs, industry leaders, key supporters and stakeholders;
- Ensures effective communications and partnerships with Network, government, international organizations, other non-governmental organizations, industry and public to ensure strong profile and its activities, as well as leveraging opportunities between national, regional and global levels;
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with key partners with external partners inside and outside China;
The Successful Applicant
- Professional experience in a leadership role with demonstrated success in leading national or multi-national multi-site organizations;
- Proven knowledge and experience of the not-for-profit sector, preferably of environmental non- government organizations;
- Significant public profile particularly regarding conservation, environment and business issues;
- Experience working with and influencing government officials/ departments and other key stakeholders in China;
- Advanced University degree in Business Management, International Relations/Development, Public Administration or other related fields;
- Additional training and/or degree in the field of Environmental Science, Natural Resource Management, Climate Change, is a strong asset;
- Superior oral and written communication skills in Mandarin and English;
- Chinese national with track record of successful working experience in China is preferred.
Location: Běijīng, China
How to apply:
Send your cover letter and CV as one file to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application CEO ”.
Deadline for applications: by 30 October 2020.