WASH and Rehabilitation Coordinator
You'll contribute to ending world hunger by ...
- Follow up WASH and Rehabilitation interventions focused on providing humanitarian assistance to crisis-affected populations in 8 Governorates in Syria.
- Represent Action Against Hunger in relevant external coordination meetings (Technical Working Groups, Donors Meetings, national and local authorities, and WASH partners)
- Strength and develop AAH WASH component in Syria at managerial, operational and strategical level, including significant participation in identifying new potential interventions.
- Capacity building of the WASH and Rehabilitation national team on the notions of project cycle management and WASH and Rehabilitation interventions to guarantee the correct planning and implementation of the project as well as future interventions.
- Participate in the design of AAH WASH strategy in the country together with Program team, technical coordinators, Logistic and Finance.
- Ensure compliance with SPHERE standards, AAH WASH technical policy and good practices.
to learn more about the syrian Context and our interventions https://www.accioncontraelhambre.org/es/oriente-proximo/siria
Key activities in your role will include
Objective 1: Follow-up and supervision of WASH and Rehabilitation activities and programs.
- Holding regular meetings with WASH team, project team and mission management team.
- Contribute to the planning of WASH activities and programs in collaboration with project and WASH teams.
- Supervise the implementation of WASH activities and programs (emergency, early recovery and resilience), including water and sanitation infrastructure rehabilitation, water trucking, WASH NFIs distributions and hygiene promotion activities.
Objective 2: Representation and Coordination
- Actively participate in WASH cluster meetings and relevant technical working groups.
- Effective coordination with external humanitarian WASH actors intervening on regular and emergency interventions.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key WASH stakeholders at technical level, including donors, government authorities and international agencies.
Objective 3: HR management and Capacity Building
- Participate together with the HR Department on the recruitment of WASH national staff.
- Participation in the design of job adverts and job descriptions of his/her team.
- Direct management, supervision and evaluation of WASH team.
- Responsible for the identification of WASH team training needs and contribution to the mission training plan.
Objective 4: Reporting and Capitalization
- Report monthly activities and support preparing internal reports (APR) and donor regular reports of the on-going projects.
- Support preparing concept notes and proposals according to the mission and WASH strategy in close collaboration with the Grant Manager.
Objective 5: Program development and strategy planning
- Assess the pertinence and feasibility of the WASH interventions in different Governorates, following mission strategy and in coordination with the Mission Management team.
- Propose and develop a sector-based strategy in accordance with Action Against Hunger policies and priorities identified in the country.
Objective 6: Admin/Finance/Log (in coordination with Log/Admin Departments
- Ensure the supervision and control of expenses related with the WASH activities (procurement planning).
- Ensure the application of the log/kit forms and procedures pertaining to the supply chain, procurement, transport/movement.
Objective 7: Security Management
- Liaise with the Country Director and the security focal point to ensure that security measures are adhered by all WASH teams.
- In coordination with logistics, keeps in mind the security constraints of the area of operations for the design and implementation of the programs
Do you meet the profile required criteria?
- Knowledge in water engineering, civil engineering, public health or international development.
- Solid project cycle management knowledge
- Proved experience in proposal writing and strategic planning
- Technical knowledge in implementing WASH emergency intervention
- Good experience in reporting
- Knowledge of the Middle East context desirable
- Previous experience in the humanitarian field as coordinator or similar (at least 3 years) and preferably with AAH and in Middle East;
- Good experience in working with local/national partners, Ministries, experience in implementing WASH emergency interventions and capacity building for partners.
- English (compulsory working language, fluent spoken, read and written); Arabic (strongly preferred).
- Windows domain, Compulsory expertise in Excel, Sphinx (desirable)
- Mobility (national/ international): Yes, within Syria and outside of Syria
Our remuneration package:
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
Formal work contract: 12 months.
- Base: Damascus
- for Syrian Nationality applicants the Salary/benefits As per Syria Salary Scale.
- Annual Gross Salary: from 46,000 to 50,000 EUR
- In addition, we will offer you a benefit packaged estimated in 20.000 euros/year.This packaged includes:
- Expatriate insurance (health, live, repatriation, travel, etc.)
- Break flights/trips to defined area: (break per diem: 215 EUR)
- Yearly holiday return flight ticket
- Accommodation and housing expenses (in shared guest house)
- Travel costs to and from the mission.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.
- Extra per month and per child (Under 18 years old): from 100€ to 225€ monthly (according to standard list of Action Against Hunger -Spain).
- Candidates may be contacted for other suitable positions within Action Against Hunger.
- Due to the high-number of application received, only potential applicants will be contacted.
- Applications will be assessed and vacancy might be closed before the end of the announcement as per qualifications availability.
- The organization is committed to the principles of non-discrimination and diversity and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people.
Action against Hunger is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work such as but not limited to sexual harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and/or financial misconduct; We expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through endorsing our code of conduct and other related policies and only those who share our values and code of conduct will be recruited to work for us.