About the mission
SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL (SI) opened its mission in Bangladesh at the end of 2007, following cyclone SIDR.
SI’s intervention and strategy in Bangladesh is to address primary needs of crisis affected people in terms of food security, livelihood, disaster risk reduction (DRR), water, hygiene and sanitation (WASH) and shelter, by making use of an integrated disaster risk reduction approach and by taking into account the effects of climate change, whilst working in parallel on mid-long term resilience strategies.
SI strategy for 2017 focuses on 3 axes:
– Emergency preparedness in SI’s working areas and emergency response (ER) in all the country.
– Integrated WASH/FSL approach with DRR as a mainstream in all current and future projects.
– Local advocacy approach in Cox’s Bazar and at national level to sensitize the stakeholders about protection issues and humanitarian priorities in Bangladesh
About the job:
· The WASH Program Manager is in charge of implementing and achieving the objectives defined in the project proposals.
· He/she is in charge of supervising the operational teams allocated to his/her program.
· He/she is responsible for the operational budget lines
· He/she guarantees the proper execution and the quality of the implemented program and, if applicable, suggests adjustments or developments to ensure its relevance.
The main challenges of the position are:
– The program has accumulated important delays in its implementation and faced some emergency situations
– Post graduate level in WASH
– At least 2 years of international experience in project management in WASH
Technical skill and competence:
– Strong knowledge in project and team management, and monitoring tools
– Ability to take initiatives, decisions and work in autonomy is essential;
– Good communication skills, with good written and spoken English
– Previous experience with SI (highly recommended)
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English. CV only applications will not be considered.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
Teknaf is a small town in Bangladesh counting more than 150,000 inhabitants and offering minimum services (local restaurants, local shops…) and nice beaches. No other INGOs are in Teknaf, except ACF, but it is close to Cox’s Bazar (2h/2h30 by car), where many INGOs and UN agencies are there. Cox’s Bazar is one of the touristic cities of Bangladesh and easily accessible from Dhaka (half day trip including internal flight).
Teknaf base offered minimal but good comfort (electricity, water, internet by a USB Key). The Guest House is close to the Office. Despite possibilities for time to time leisure periods in Dhaka, the restriction of movements due to security reasons and the absence of permanent international presence from other organizations make it a project-focused humanitarian assignment.
On an overall point of view, this assignment will allow the PM to fulfill core humanitarian objectives, providing most-needed services to non-conflicting local populations with the support of dedicated SI national staff at base and coordination levels. The programs run by SI during these last years in Teknaf have always been benefiting from a strong support by ECHO and BPRM. The completion of the activities in the timeframe defined with donors stands as a rewarding challenge that will be shared with local national colleagues, the coordination and the HQ.
SI will offer you:
A salaried post: according to experience from 1600 euros gross per month, plus 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly and a monthly Per Diem of 500 USD.
For further information about Solidarités International, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/
Contact : Anna FRANGI, Recruitment & Follow Up Officer