Aga Khan Rural Support Programme(India)
Aga Khan Rural Support Programme (India) is a non-denominational, non-government organization.
AKRSP (I) was established in Gujarat in 1984 and it seeks to contribute to rural poverty reduction through community involvement and empowerment that leads to the efficient management and improved the productivity of natural resources.
Position: AKRSPI Youth Fellowship (2020-21)
Location: Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Jharkhand
Qualification: Graduate with good communication skills and research orientation
Experience: Socially conscious youth in the age group of 18-30 who are sincere, passionate, and willing to contribute to their community with a fulltime commitment for ten months. Youth who belong to tribal communities or have worked in rural areas will be given priority.
• Fluency in English will be needed.
• Photography and video-making skills will be an added advantage.
• Understanding of Public Policy
• Have basic understanding of spatial datasets (shapefile and Geodatabases), projection systems, geoprocessing tools; have basic proficiency in ArcGIS/QGIS, Google Earth Engine
• Research and Report Preparation
AKRSP (I) has initiated the Research Fellowship on Water Control for Tribal Community to support youth to take up highly relevant and policy oriented research. Fellowship programme will comprise of 10 months duration with specific deliverables. Shorter duration upto 6 months will be considered as a special case. Selected youths will undergo induction training at the outset of the programme followed by allocation of specific project and location. A monthly workshop will be conducted to review the progress of the project allocated to fellows, share insights and give guidance. A monthly stipend of Rs. 20,000 will be provided to support the basic needs. Travel and other necessary official expenses will be reimbursed after producing bills. Fellows are expected to do the following:
• To display high commitment to the cause of water control in Tribal areas through research and similar activities
• To submit assign deliverables on due dates
• To attend each and every programmes which are part of fellowship.
• They are also expected to adhere to the rules and regulations of AKRSP(I) and Fellowship programme.
Interested candidates are requested to apply through our organization website http://www.akrspindia.org.in/career_careerpage .