Manager (Water Stewardship Projects; Maternity Cover)
This position is home-based, preferably in Europe.
At global scale, WWF is partnering with various corporates on water stewardship. Much of the strategic work on water happens inside the corporate supply chains in focal countries of WWF. An important sector is textiles and cotton, leading to countries such as China, India, Pakistan, Vietnam or Turkey. In order to deliver the goals of those partnerships related to on-the-ground water stewardship projects, WWF International need additional capacity to support the development and implementation of those projects. This limited term contract position, which is a great opportunity to get engaged with the world’s leading conservation organization, is a replacement for maternity leave.
- Organize and participate in monthly meetings with Basin teams (WWF staff in India, Turkey, Vietnam, Pakistan and China), circulate summary of the calls and follow up in action points. Foster collaboration in follow up calls if necessary.
- Participate in preparation calls and monthly calls with partners to report on the progress of the implementation of water stewardship strategies on textile sector.
- Prepare the “2020 Highlights Report” with basin teams, along with leaflet and ppt to be distribute to partners and disseminated in social media.
- Support countries in revising their basin brochures, in particular, China and Turkey.
- Ensure that basin teams keep the panda.org website and folders for knowledge sharing up to date with the latest information (example: Best Available Technologies implemented on ground, sharing of training materials, list of publications etc).
- Prepare with basin teams a calendar of proposed activities for the year 2021, to be shared with partners. Ensure the calendar is updated every 3-6months.
- Work in close collaboration with basin teams and Global Water Stewardship Lead for the revision of WWF Common metrics and share the information with partners. This will also include participation as a member of the Water Stewardship Hub at WWF-DE.
- Work in close collaboration with the Global Apparel & Textiles Lead on matters related to sectoral engagement, including efforts such as the Open Letter.
- Support the organization of the monthly call with corporate partnership managers and the quarterly call with Partners.
- Support local WWF staff in India, Turkey, Vietnam, Pakistan and China in tasks such as project planning, resource planning, capacity building, ToR development, report writing, KPI development, policy recommendations and partnership development
- Develop water stewardship proposals for WWF corporate partnerships and projects, as well as external and internal communication material
1st of November 2020 until 31st of August 2021
This is a fixed term 10-month service contract with a maximum amount of 50K EUR total, that will be paid in monthly instalments and is inclusive of pay in lieu of benefits (final value depends on the experience level of the selected candidate and s/he will be responsible for paying his/her income taxes).
Please send your CV and Motivation letter (in one pdf document) to:
Alexis Morgan, Global Water Stewardship Lead
Direct: +49 (0)30 311 777–209