Faculty for Environment and Natural Sciences (Hydrology Group)
The hydrology group works on ecohydrology in disturbed and natural landscapes. With the help of model developments and applications, feedback processes are described leading to self-organized patterns in the landscape.
Participation in teaching, including:
- lecturing and tutoring in environmental engineering, land use and water management, environmental and resource management
- Contribute to teaching scientific methods
- Preparation, implementation and follow-up / evaluation of exercises
- Participation in the preparation of lectures and seminars as well as other teaching-related administrative tasks
- Development / updating of teaching materials
- Preparation, implementation and evaluation of oral and written exams
- Participation in the supervision of student research papers and theses
Research, in particular:
- Research activities in a subject area in line with the research focus of the hydrology group
- Participation in the preparation and implementation of third-party funded projects
- Publishing research outcomes
- Contributing for reports and presentations
- other research-related administrative tasks
University degree in accordance with German pay scale TV-L (accredited master's / university diploma / equivalent) in a relevant field relevant (hydrology, geoecology, environmental engineering or comparable), relevant doctorate.
The following knowledge and experience are expected:
- Profound scientific qualifications in the field of hydrology, ecohydrology and / or modeling of hydrological processes, including knowledge of numerical methods
- extensive knowledge of hydrology or a comparable subject
- Experience in project management for independent organization and implementation of projects with publication in recognized international journals
- Experience with international cooperation
- very good knowledge of English (fluent)
- process-based modeling of water balance and hydrological processes
Teaching experience in German and / or English-language courses and with supervision of theses research are desirable.
The ability to work scientifically, independence, flexibility and communication skills are required, as well as very strong analytical skills in dealing with complex issues. In addition, you should possess outstanding pedagogical skills and the competence to guide employees.
For further information about this position please contact Prof. Dr. Christoph Hinz (E-Mail: email@example.com, Tel.: +49 (0)355 / 69-4601) .
What we offer:
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications - regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion/belief, disability, age, sexual orientation and identity.
The BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg strives for a balanced gender ratio in all employee groups.
How to apply:
Qualified applicants with disabilities will be given priority.
The submission of application photos is waived.
Please note the more detailed information on the selection procedure (in German) on the BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg website.
The application, including academic certificates, curriculum vitae, a list of publications should be sent by e-mail in a single pdf file until 05.11.2020 to the Dean of Faculty 2 Environment and Natural Sciences, Brandenburg University of Technology Cottbus–Senftenberg, E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.