CALL FOR PROPOSALS
Project: Strengthening the institutional framework in the water and sanitation sector (WWS) in the Republic of Moldova (Phase 01)
Project financed by The Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation and the Austrian Development Agency
SDC Ref. No. 81035398, 7F-08870.01.01 ADA Ref. No. 8332-00/2015
Sector: Water and Sanitation
Contract # IFSP/CS-21/IC-18/C.3./1.10.Int
Assignment Name: International Consultant on Legislation for Water and Wastewater Services
The Ministry of Environment is procuring the consulting services (International Individual Consultant) to provide assistance in order to finalize the work on amending the law 303/2013 on water and wastewater public services to be submitted to the GoM.
The Consultant main activities will be to perform an independent assessment of the pertinence of the received different amendments, to develop pros-and cons arguments based on example and international best practices, know-how and to favors the establishment of a consensus.
This assignment will require an Individual Consultant, which has:
- Master degree or equivalent professional qualification in civil engineering, legislation, ecology, environmental sciences, hydrology, hydraulic or any relevant field
- Sound knowledge of the acquis communautaire in the water / wastewater
- Excellent knowledge of English and Romanian is required;
- Sound communication skills and diplomacy;
- Sound knowledge of the Moldovan context and legislation in the sector;
- Sound knowledge of situations in different countries on the subject,
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to set priorities, and meet deadlines;
- Detail oriented and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment;
- Analytical mind and ability to make well thought synthesis;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- A team player who can work independently and with minimal supervision;
- Perfect knowledge of MSWord, Excel, Power Point;
- High capacity to motivate team and colleagues on solving challenging issue;
Proposals must be submitted no later than the following date and time: January 18, 2017, 11-00 AM Local Time.