The Texas Water Conservation Association is a 501(c)(4) association of Texas water professionals and organizations. Our diverse membership includes river authorities, municipalities, water districts, consulting firms, water users, water rights holders, and other associations with an interest in water. TWCA acts as an advocate for its members at the state and federal level, serves as a resource on Texas water issues for members, state officials, and the public, and provides educational and networking opportunities through conferences, newsletters, and outreach efforts.
TWCA also provides staffing support to the Texas Ground Water Association on a contract basis. TGWA is a 501(c)(6) association of well drillers, pump installers, manufacturers and suppliers, and groundwater scientists with a mission of developing, promoting, and protecting Texas groundwater. Each year, the association holds a convention and trade show, quarterly business meetings, and numerous continuing education classes for well drillers across the state.
Overview: TWCA is seeking to expand its staff to include a high-energy, creative individual to serve as the Communications and Outreach Manager. This full-time staff person will work closely with TWCA employees to promote TWCA and TGWA efforts. The express purpose of the position is to manage and improve communication and outreach efforts for both associations among its members and the public, including the development of electronic and printed newsletters for the two associations. This position requires extensive contact with TWCA and TGWA members, the public, agency personnel, and legislative staff. Some travel is also required, as the position will include participation at multiple association events across the state. The successful candidate should have a personal commitment to non-profit communications and outreach as well as Texas water issues.
- Develop and publish newsletters for TWCA and TGWA
- Market newsletter advertisements and sponsorships
- Assist the Board in developing and implementing an overall communications plan
- Maintain, update, and regularly add content to websites and social media outlets
- Oversee branding efforts and work with consultants as necessary
- Create and manage marketing and print materials
- Communicate with members and the public via phone, email, mail, social media, etc.
- Help update and maintain member databases and email distribution lists
- Help coordinate, manage, and staff conferences and continuing education events
- Develop new opportunities for membership participation and engagement
- Assist committees through record keeping and other support
- Analyze membership trends and act as a point of contact for the association
- Identify and implement methods for tracking the effectiveness of the communications plan
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Competency with social media, graphic design and newsletter software, public relations, nonprofit marketing and communications and/or website management
- Previous work or demonstrated interest in water policy or science a plus
- Strong writer, editor, and communicator
- Strong organizational skills; ability to meet deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously
TWCA is a large organization with just four other staff members so all employees assist each other as necessary and teamwork is imperative. Compensation is commensurate with experience and background and will be competitive with similar non-profit organizations. After a vesting period, a retirement plan is offered to full-time employees.