Junior Hydrogeologist in training
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Hydrogeologist/Geo-Environmental Engineer to join our Geoscience team on a temporary basis based in Mississauga, Barrie or Cambridge Location.
An overview of your role will include:
- Preparing and/or reviewing detailed work scopes and cost estimates for proposed monitoring and investigation programs and other works;
- Planning, managing and reporting on hydrogeological field investigation programs involving: drilling, test pitting, soil sampling, monitoring well installation, aquifer testing, groundwater and surface water sampling, etc.;
- Task management and reporting of hydrogeological assessments for a variety of projects including construction dewatering, water supply, and water balance assessments;
- Interpreting and reporting on site hydrogeology and migration of impacts, assessing the need for modifications to monitoring programs;
- Interacting with clients to discuss project status, invoicing, data collection and compliance issues;
- Working with municipal and provincial governments and other agencies to establish submission requirements, prepare compliance reporting and prepare permit applications;
- Participating in office and project duties such as data management, analysis and interpretation, report preparation, invoicing and other general office duties;
- Demonstrate a “Safety-First” focus and act as a role model to other staff
You will have a background in:
- Master’s degree in Geology/Hydrogeology, Environmental Engineering or Civil Engineering with a Geo-Environmental Specialty, with demonstrated course work or thesis in physical hydrogeology and geochemistry;
- Licensed or working towards Registration as a Professional Engineer or Professional Geoscientist in the Province of Ontario (or equivalent).
- One to five years of experience in the fields of physical hydrogeology consulting and a demonstrated mix of field and office duties is preferable.
- Demonstrated ability to scope and manage small to mid-size geo-environmental projects.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. A sample of the candidates technical report writing would be beneficial to include with resume submission.
- Ability to lead small teams, work under the supervision of more senior staff, and work independently.
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities;
- Consistent attention to detail and strong technical writing skills; and
- Willing to work outdoors and travel to project sites using own vehicle
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring, and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder Associates Ltd. is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), and all other applicable legislation. Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities upon request.