Assistant Professor in Environmental Geography
The Department of Geography at Texas State University invites applications for a tenure-track assistant professor position in environmental geography to begin Fall 2021 subject to availability of funds. We seek an individual with exceptional potential as a scholar and teacher. The position includes maintaining an active research agenda, teaching at graduate and undergraduate levels, and advising Masters/PhD students. The Department of Geography consists of a diverse faculty. Applications from members of underrepresented groups are encouraged.
• A Ph.D. degree in geography or a related field with specialization in environmental studies by time of appointment;
• A demonstrated record of peer-reviewed scholarship;
• Demonstrated or potential ability to develop a strong research agenda; and
• Demonstrated or potential ability to teach environmental geography courses at undergraduate and graduate levels.
• Research and teaching interests in water resources, environmental management, natural resource use, environmental conservation, or energy resources;
• A demonstrated record of securing external research funding; and
• Demonstrated ability to advise graduate students.