Chief of Party (WASH)
RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition. Combining scientific rigor and technical proficiency, we deliver innovative methods, reliable data, thorough analysis, and novel technologies for sustainable programs that help inform public policy and ground practice in evidence.
RTI is seeking a Chief of Party for anticipated upcoming USAID Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) activities across East Africa. The anticipated activities aim to accelerate the expansion of improved sustainable drinking water supply and sanitation access and improve hygiene behaviors in urban as well as rural/peri-urban areas. They cover advancing market approaches in sanitation management, strengthening WASH systems and governance including infrastructure and asset maintenance, furthering community resilience to minimize vulnerabilities against events such as drought, and securing natural/water resource management. This will be a senior level position, and candidates should have a proven track record of leadership and the ability to navigate complex political environments.
- Manage overall activity delivery and management including technical, administrative, financial, and operational tasks.
- Provide overall vision and leadership to implement tasks effectively across a diverse team of experts and specialists.
- Foster and maintain effective, professional relations with a broad range of government counterparts, local organizations, donors and other stakeholders to warrant coordination and leverage resources.
- Liaise with USAID and RTI home office on technical and financial matters to ensure efficient and effective implementation of and reporting on programming.
- Oversees preparation and delivery of high-quality reports to USAID, including quarterly and annual reports, and other reports required by the contract.
- Ensure synergies across technical components of the activities through planning, coordination, deployment of resources, and intra-team communication.
- Master’s degree and 10 years of progressively responsible experience implementing donor funded projects. Technical expertise in rural/urban water supply delivery; water resource governance; sanitation and hygiene management; infrastructure development; capacity building; systems/integrated approach; and resilience and sustainability.
- Extensive and substantive experience working with counterparts at various levels of government, as well as with non-government and regional organizations.
- Strong technical expertise, superb management skills, and exceptional writing and communications skills in English
- Possession of communications, leadership, and managerial skills
- Chief of Party experience in Africa with similar scope preferred
- Experience leading a donor-funded project including USAID preferred