The Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD) has received financing in the amount of US$ 2.7 Million equivalent from the World Bank toward the cost of the Horn of Africa- Groundwater Initiative Project (HOA-GWI), and intends to apply part of the proceeds to payments for consulting services.
The main objective of this Consultancy (Junior Hydrogeologist) is to support the Team Leader in the implementation of the HoA-GWI during the consultancy period to ensure smooth implementation of the Project, support evaluation of the Project reports from the Consultants and provide technical inputs in the key activities in the project. This Consultancy will be for six (6) months, renewable subject to availability of funds. The duty station is at the Water Unit, Agriculture and Environment Division, IGAD Secretariat, Djibouti.
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment are attached to this REoI.
The Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD) now invites eligible Individual consultants (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services and the qualifications and knowledge in the following areas::
- At least a Master of Science Degree in Hydrogeology or related fields.
- Five (5) years of working experience in groundwater assessment, development and management.
- Experience in groundwater management
- Knowledge of on-going and planned regional hydrological and hydrogeological developments
- Experience of working in East African context
- Proficiency in written and oral communication skills in English. French will be an added advantage.
- Good knowledge groundwater assessment studies.
- Ability to prepare written reports in a clear, concise and meaningful manner.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” dated July 2016 and revised in November 2017 and August 2018 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Selection of Individual Consultant selection method set out in the Procurement Regulations mentioned above.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from (8:00 am to 3:00 pm, Sunday-Thursday, East Africa Time (EAT).
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by e-mail) by Wednesday, 21st October 2020.
The Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD)
Mr. Fred Mwango
Project Team Leader
P.O Box 2653, Djibouti, Ave. Georges Clemenceau
Tel: + (253)21354050 D: + (253)21312726 M: + (253) 77129170
Fax: + (253)-21356994
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com