Location:Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Position Type:Regular full-time
Job Title: Clean Efficiency Associate
Hiring Manager: Deepak Krishnan
Anchor Manager: Deepak Krishnan
Outcomes Manager: Bharath Jairaj
Part 1: Overview of the Position
WRI is a global research organisation that spans more than 50 countries, with offices in the Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, and the United States. Our more than 450 experts and staff work closely with leaders to turn big ideas into action to sustain our natural resources—the foundation of economic opportunity and human well-being.
WRI was recently voted the #1 Environmental Think Tank in the world and is consistently recommended by staff as one of the “most desired organisations to work for.” In 2014, WRI was ranked one of the Top Workplaces by the Washington Post.
World Resources Institute India (WRII) is a wholly owned subsidiary of WRI established in India
WRI India is seeking a Clean Energy Associate to work with and support our Energy Program in the country, with a particular focus on renewable energy & energy efficiency for Commercial & Industrial (C&I) consumers. WRI globally has deep experience in the energy sector across several topic areas and is widely recognized as a leader on energy issues. In India too, we have a multi-pronged energy strategy that looks strategically at directing our tools, research, expertise, and partnerships to drive positive change on how energy is used to power economic growth, meet energy access goals in the most affordable and sustainable way, and help in India’s transition to cleaner energy.
The Associate will be an integral part of the India Energy team which currently works on projects spanning clean energy, energy access and integrated resources planning. The Associate will provide support for project, financial, and administrative tasks and help achieve WRI’s outcomes by delivering research and outreach on clean energy for C&I consumers in India, including support to the Electricity Governance Practice and the Green Power Market Development Group (GPMDG) India.
GPMDG India is a partnership between WRI and the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) that works with large commercial and industrial energy consumers to rapidly scale their use of renewable energy. GPMDG works closely with government and other institutions to help companies set and achieve ambitious renewable energy goals through innovative methods of demand aggregation and transaction structuring.
Part 2: Responsibilities
The Clean Energy Associate will handle a range of program and project responsibilities for the energy team as are listed below.
- Be directly responsible for growing the GPMDG India program in Western India and help the team to expand the program across different Indian states.
- Work on renewable energy and energy efficiency activities directly with C&I customers, partner organizations, utilities, regulators, subnational government representatives and coordinate with relevant national ministry staff.
- Participate in (and where relevant, lead) research to produce knowledge products (reports / issue briefs) and other publications and reports (online and print) on trends, tools and business models in the clean energy space aimed at C&I customers.
- Coordinate with other WRI programs like Climate, Cities, Water etc and centers like Business, Governance to achieve growth of clean energy.
- Assist WRI energy team with literature reviews and qualitative or quantitative analysis.
- Contribute to research and fund raising proposals
- Lead / Assist with project relevant blog posts and other communication documents
- Represent WRI’s work in the clean energy domain at internal / external meetings and workshops
- Assist in the organizing of internal and external meetings, workshops, conferences and other dissemination activities
- Ensure timely submission of deliverables and regular reporting (as may be required) to donors
- Ensure that projects are well managed and that we are on track to meeting expectations from stakeholders and delivering project outcomes
Part 3: Qualifications
- Master’s degree in a relevant subject (engineering / energy)
- Foreign nationals applying must have valid permits for work in India.
- Minimum 5-6 years of relevant full time work experience in the energy sector, especially in renewable energy and energy efficiency
- Demonstrated track record of excellent project management and delivering results
- Excellent qualitative and / or quantitative research and writing skills
- Additional experience in energy finance, water sector, energy governance will be considered favorably
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office and internet research
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with teams of individuals and colleagues
- Flexibility to travel to domestic and international locations as required
- Fluency in English and Hindi.
- Certifications like ISO 50001; Certified Energy Auditor etc
Final candidates will be required to take a writing test and provide writing samples.
Salary and Benefits: Salary is commensurate with experience and skills. WRI offers a generous, comprehensive benefits package
Duration: Regular, Full Time
Location: Mumbai, India
About WRI India
WRI is a global research organization that spans more than 50 countries, with offices in the Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, and the United States. Our more than 450 experts and staff work closely with leaders to turn big ideas into action to sustain our natural resources—the foundation of economic opportunity and human well-being.
WRI was voted the #1 Environmental Think Tank in the world and is consistently recommended by staff as one of the “most desired organizations to work for.” In 2014, WRI was ranked one of the Top Workplaces by the Washington Post. WRI’s reputation is grounded in its excellent analysis, non-partisan approach, and high-impact results. We measure our success based on how our work helps to create real-world change on the ground—and approach we call “Managing for Results.”
WRI’s work is driven by our values: Innovation, Integrity, Urgency, Independence, and Respect. We foster a culture of innovative ideas, working collaboratively, and thinking independently. WRI employees are driven by the organization’s mission and have the satisfaction of helping to create a more prosperous and healthy planet.
Learn more about our organization at www.wri.org.
WRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is WRI policy to recruit, hire, and provide opportunities for advancement in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual preference, parental status, or disability.