U.S. nationals: Hydrologic Technician
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE)
Memphis, TN, United States
Please note: this job post has expired! To the best of our knowledge, this job is no longer available and this page remains here for archival purposes only.
About the Position: This position is located with the U. S. Army Corps of Engineers, Memphis District, Engineering & Construction Division, Hydraulics & Hydrology Branch, Memphis, TN.
Learn more about this agency
- You will be a working leader of gage installation, gage repair, discharge, and/or water quality field party operating on the Mississippi River and its tributaries for the Memphis District.
- Assignments involve independent responsibility for planning and conducting work related to the collection, sampling, installation, repair, programming, and compilation of hydrologic and water quality data.
- Makes reconnaissance surveys for location of new river gages and determines most effective means to obtain data during floods or unusual conditions.
- Prepares plans for the supporting structures and determines type of equipment needed to provide suitable records for use in Water Resource investigations.
- Prepares correspondence as necessary for submission to various local or state agencies requesting installation or right way of approval.
- Builds the station utilizing construction methods that vary with site and require a high level of skill and knowledge in operating construction tools.