U.S. nationals: Hydrologic Technician
- Salary: Downingtown, PA - $37,954 (Step 01) to $49,343 (Step 10)
- Salary: Bridgeville, PA - $35,955 (Step 01) to $46,744 (Step 10)
- Salary: Fairview, PA - $39,291 (Step 01) to $51,082 (Step 10)
NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01. Learn more about this agency
As a Hydrologic Technician within the Pennsylvania Water Science Center (PAWSC), some of your specific duties will include:
- Performs a wide variety of surface-water measurements of stage and discharge.
- Observes and notes hydraulic or environmental conditions.
- Computes and checks surface-water and ground-water records for field data where hydrologic conditions are varied.
- Plots discharge and water-level measurements.
- Performs a wide variety of ground-water-level and discharge measurements from wells and springs.
- Performs field water-quality measurements such as water temperature, specific conductance, pH, and dissolved oxygen.
- Processes samples and performs limited field or lab analyses of sample constituents.
- Computes and checks various water-quality records.
- Performs installation, maintenance, servicing and troubleshooting a variety of sensing, recording, communications equipment, and instrumentation.
- Calibrates meters and analytical equipment using appropriate techniques and protocols.
- Constructs a variety of gages and supporting structures under general supervision.
- Performs safety inspections of equipment and work areas.
- Establishes straightforward vertical and horizontal datums applying appropriate surveying techniques.