About the role
We are looking for a London-based Stewardship Officer to join our Philanthropy team. We are a legal and environmental charity that uses the power of the law to fight against climate change and to protect nature and the environment.
Our Development Department is responsible for raising funds to enable the organisation to deliver our mission and our Philanthropy team helps achieve this goal by working with a wide range of individuals and organisations to raise primarily unrestricted gifts.
In this role you will be contributing to our philanthropy programme with a special focus on the stewardship of high-level and mid-value gifts. This position will be crucial in maintaining the highest standard of donor care and you will be responsible for creating bespoke communications designed to engage, inform and inspire our growing pool of high net-worth individuals (HNWIs) and major supporters.
Meet your Manager
You will be managed by Emma Faulkner. Emma oversees a personal portfolio of major donors, whilst supporting the Philanthropy and wider Development team to maximise major giving income. She manages relationships with high net-worth individuals and organisations to secure new and renewed gifts to fund ClientEarth’s work, ensuring supporters feel informed, inspired and valued.
Prior to joining our London office last year, she had been working in high value fundraising since she graduated from the University of Leeds in 2014. Emma has previously held positions at the NSPCC, international development organisations ActionAid and Action Against Hunger and food redistribution charity FareShare.
- Communications and Donor Stewardship, including bespoke reporting, ownership and maintenance of the Philanthropy reporting calendar, developing a bank of materials and resources for HNWIs and major donors and managing relationships with ClientEarth’s growing pool of mid-value donors.
- General Administration, Data Management and Organisational Support, including maintaining clean and accurate records on the fundraising database (Raisers Edge)
See the job description (below) for a full list of duties for this role.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent level of experience
- Experience in writing, coordinating and submitting successful funding proposals and reports for both short and long term projects
- Experience of providing first-class stewardship or excellent customer service
- Experience of responding to competing deadlines and managing multiple tasks and priorities within a working environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly the ability to write engaging and inspiring communications
See the job description (below) for a full list of requirements for this role.
Have a question on this job? Please visit our Recruitment FAQs page.
ClientEarth values diversity and inclusion and the benefits this brings. We aim to appoint the most suitable candidate at all times and welcome applications from people from all different backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are currently under-represented in our organisation.
Please note that ClientEarth will only be able to employ those who have the pre-existing legal right to work in the UK.
Documents - Download the full job description and person specification