Tetra Tech ES, Inc., a subsidiary of Tetra Tech (Nasdaq: TTEK) is dedicated to improving the energy sector of developing economies. We are seeking an experienced hydropower expert to provide technical support in developing and carrying out the pre-feasability study in Tajikistan under the USAID-funded Power the Future Project. This is a short-term, independent consulting engagement.
The international hydropower technical expert is responsible for carrying out the following activities:
- Support in assessment of available technical, operational, financial and environmental information related to hydropower potential in Tajikistan;
- Support in development of the scope for local consulting company in Tajikistan to support prefeasibility study;
- Determination of existing hydrology data on river basin;
- Determination of topographic and geologic data (if necessary, from satellite imagery);
- Gathering of technical data on any existing electricity transmission network in the area;
- Scheme identification and estimate of average energy production;
- Assessment of selected projects’ feasibility;
- Support in carrying out pre-feasibility study.
Essential KSA’s required (experience, skills, education, certification, etc.):
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, preferably specializing in Power Plants and / or their operation.
- 10 years or more in power sector (hydro power plants and electricity grids), particularly in assessment, design and implementation of hydro power projects. Similar work experience in Central Asia.
- Fluency in Russian and technical English languages is required.
Interested consultants are invited to submit a CV with a daily fee proposal to the
06:00 PM Nur-Sultan time. Please indicate Vacancy title: International Hydro Power
Consultant in the email subject line.
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting and engineering services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. With more than 17,000 associates worldwide, Tetra Tech's capabilities span the entire project life cycle.