Timor-Leste nationals: Feasibility study and design of Water source development and Solar Water Pump Support systems for irrigation
UNDP Timor-Leste, in close consultation with Secretaria Regional para Agricultura (SRA) and the Head of Village, planned to procure a service provider for feasibility study for the water source identification, recommending a Solar Water Pumping System suitable for installating irigation facilities for coffee and manderin farmers located in Laukfoan and Qiubiselo villages.
Nevertheless, since none of the project staff is in expert of the work itself, UNDP is seeking a national consultant who is having experience of providing consultancy services on studying and identifying a suitable system for irrigation preparing specifications, Bill of Quantity (BOQ) and cost estimation for construction as well as maintenance work. The main objective of this service is to conduct a feasibility study, plan and prepare all documents including the detailed specifications, related BoQs, and estimated costs within the proposed time frame.
UNDP Timor-Leste will hire a consultant for the feasibility study and the preparation of BoQ and specification for water source development and pumping system of solar water pump in two places, Lakufoan and Qiubiselo villages for irrigation purpose. The solar water pump system will benefit 37 coffee farmers in 4 different groups located in Lakufoan while in Qiubiselo it will cover 60 pineapple in 4 groups. Hence the consultant will performe a feasibility study to identify water source suitable to cater the needs of the coffee and pineapple farmers and to make sure that this irrigation system would cover the needs of all beneficiaries.
Duties and Responsibilities
The consultant will work to support the Regional Secretary for Agriculture and expected to liaise closely but not limited with UNDP Liaison Officer in the field, communities, and local government.
The consultant will be hired to provide engineering/technical expertise and advisory services as following:
- Conduct assessment/surveys as required;
- Prepare the specification for the systems needed;
- Prepare bill of quantity and cost estimation for the systems recommended by him;
- Prepare materials needed and its specifications;
- Presentation of plans and presentation of documentations for tendering documents to UNDP;
- Provision of advice to UNDP on the selection of the company for the solar water pumping system installation in Lakufoan and Qiubiselo Villages. The task will be documented in a report to UNDP;
- Conduct field visits and feasibility study with community consultation
- Prepare plan and recommend sustainable systems for water provision in both locations.
- Provide compilation of the BoQ, cost estimation, and specifications for systems for the local tender documents for Solar Water Pumping System procurement and Installation in Lakufoan and Qiubiselo villages.
- Provision of advice to UNDP on the selection of the company for the solar water pumping system installation in Lakufoan and Qiubiselo Villages.
- Final Report.
- Ability to work independently;
- Able to communicate with relevant department and local authority in order to conduct the feasibilty study;
- Able to conduct the feasibility study and submit report
- Proven ability to plan, work and deliver agreed deadlines;
- Demonstrated interpersonal as well as the ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders and to present ideas clearly and effectively;
- Deep technical knowledge of standards and principles of Solar Water Pumping System Installation.
Deep technical knowledge of water sources assessment, good understanding of hydrology and climatology
Required Skills and Experience
- Bacholars degree in Civil engineering/land and water resource management /Integrated Water Resources Management
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in the field of the planning, design, improved land and water resources management practices
- Solid experience in community and stakeholder consultations
Year of Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in planning, recommending, construction and installment of irrigation system with solar water pump and conducting performance study;
- Experience in working with/contracted by international development organizations for similar assignments is a strong advantage