The Alluvium skillset covers strategic planning through to detailed design for a range of water management challenges. This role is focussed on water policy, strategy, governance, implementation, stakeholder engagement and evaluation in the Murray-Darling Basin (the Basin) and national contexts. We work in the space of resolving complex water resource management issues. We are at our best when the work involves complexity with stakeholder, interagency and interjurisdictional values and objectives. We bring very solid relationships and understanding of the views and perceptions in the Basin and beyond.
We are looking for someone to join the NSW & ACT team to contribute to strategic growth of the business. The role is based in our Sydney or Canberra offices.
The successful candidate will have:
- A willingness and positive contribution to a collaborative and values-driven work culture
- Strong interest in working with and learning about river systems and their communities of inland NSW & the Murray-Darling Basin
- Ability and desire to work across disciplines and geographies
- Ability to develop good rapport with clients, stakeholders, staff and partners, together with listening skills empathy and awareness
- A long-term perspective and ability to build knowledge, skills, relationships and profile
- Maturity to take responsibility for agreed outputs, completion and quality of products
- Strong interest in working with and learning about complex, fascinating river systems of inland NSW & the Basin
Skills and experience:
- A degree or higher, and/or relevant experience in any of the following: policy, environmental management, resource management, hydrology, ecohydrology, stakeholder engagement and communication, economic policy, evaluation, regulatory practice
- 2-5 years experience of Australian water management policy and operations, preferably in NSW and/or the Murray-Darling Basin and an understanding of catchment management and river processes
- Demonstrated success in applying skills and experience to real world problems
- Excellent ability and self management in interdisciplinary work, information assimilation, analysis and problem solving, thinking strategically
- Demonstrated ability in communicating information, including high quality writing skills in English
For position description please copy this link into your browser https://www.alluvium.com.au/careers
If you would like more information on the role or Alluvium, please contact Lisa Walpole for a confidential discussion about the role.
Please contact Lisa Walpole, Regional Manager NSW to further discuss this role
, mobile 0414 096 545
Applications consisting of a short cover letter and CV can be sent to
Please email your application by 4pm, 14 October 2020.
Remuneration is commensurate with skills and experience and subject to negotiation. Note that applications are only open to applicants with Australian citizenship or permanent residency.
- An important part of our business is the ownership structure. Alluvium is a staff owned business and over 45% of our staff have ownership. We are committed to continued broadening of the ownership to staff who support and are actively engaged in the attainment of our strategic goals. The opportunity is available for staff to build an ownership stake in the business over time.