Head of Project
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be El Fasher, Sudan.
As Head of Project - North Darfur you will be responsible for a resillience strengthening project in North Darfur. By sustainably improving food availability, income, knowledge about adequate nutrition, and access to safe drinking water, schools and health centers, you will strengthen the coexistence between Southern Sudanese refugees, IDPs and host communities.
- Manage diverse project team members, budgets and project resources.
- Liase with all relevent stakeholders, including government, UN, NGO and community representatives.
- Participate in cluster coordination meetings within the project locations.
- Produce well accurate and high-quality reports for internal and donor audiences.
- Maintain high quality delivery standards, ensuring professionalism and ethical conduct at all times.
- Ensure that the project runs smoothly and activities are completed within budget and on time.
- A university or polytechnic degree in a relevant field like agriculture
- A minimum of 5 years professional experience in the implementation of sustainable agriculture (food security and livelihoods) or related projects with strong community engagement (e.g. seed banks) and construction of infrastructure (classrooms, health centres, latrines etc)
- Experience in implementing peace building projects or integrating peacebuilding approaches in conflict affected contexts
- Experience in Integrated Water and Resource Management (IWRM), WASH and Natural Resource Management
- Broad experience in conducting assessments i.e baseline surveys, gender and conflict analysis
- Experience in implementing BMZ funded projects would be an advantage
- Strong coordination and relationship management skills with all stakeholders like implementing partners, government structures, ministries, etc.
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to work in areas with volatile local conditions
- Professional proficiency in spoken and written English; Arabic and/or German language skills would be an advantage
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under "Our benefits".
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by October 18, 2020. Your contact person is Carolin Moellenbeck.