GCF Expert Reviewer Climate Adaptive Infrastructure Project
Objectives/Purpose of the Assignment:
Every project/program in a country proposed to the GCF must receive a No-Objection Letter (NOL) from that country’s NDA. The issuance of such NOLs requires the NDA to review the proposed funding proposals and concept notes. GGGI is building a roster of expert reviewers in several topics related to GCF key target areas to achieve high-quality review.
The expert reviewers in the roster will support funding proposals/concept notes review, such as giving recommendations and opinions related to the projects. For adaptation projects, the funding proposals/concept notes should align with at least one of the GCF targeted resulted areas, which are ecosystem and ecosystem system, food security, and livelihoods of vulnerable communities, especially in relation to climate adaptive infrastructure. The final objective of the projects should be increasing the resilience of beneficiaries in regard to adverse impacts of climate change.
The expert reviewers are expected to have expertise in climate adaptive infrastructure for at least the following sector:
- Health security;
- Disaster risk management;
- Ecosystem and ecosystem services;
- Water security.
Scope of Work:
The Global Green Growth Institute requires the services of qualified experts to be an expert reviewer (hereafter referred to as “the Consultant”) to support works of the National Designated Authorities (NDA) of Green Climate Fund (GCF) in Indonesia. The Consultant will be responsible for reviewing GCF project proposals received by the NDA based on their expertise. GGGI provides the framework in which the Consultant needs to work on the reviews.
In performing his/her tasks, the Consultant will work closely with focal points in the NDA, the Accredited Entities of the submitted proposal, the Executing Entities of the submitted proposal (if any), and other relevant stakeholders as deemed necessary.
Candidates applying for this position will be working on-demand basis. They will be working remotely with possible requests for meetings to discuss the reviews of the proposals. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the assignment will be conducted virtually.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Consultant will be responsible for the following tasks and duties:
1. Attend the mandatory training for the NDA Expert Reviewer conducted by Readiness Project team;
2. Perform expert reviews regarding GCF Funding Proposals/Concept Notes received by the NDA that align with their expertise, that includes but not limited to:
- Review GCF Funding Proposals/Concept Notes/Call for PCN submissions based on GCF investment criteria
- Provide recommendations to the NDA regarding the reviewed Funding Proposals/Concept Notes/Call for PCN submissions;
3. Fill out a pre-defined checklist of expert review;
4. Prepare high-quality presentations about the review summary and findings;
5. Attend meetings with related stakeholders to discuss and give clarifications regarding their reviews;
6. Present the review summary and findings to the NDA, GCF Readiness Project team and relevant stakeholders;
7. Collaborate with other consultants in the roster, if necessary.
Note: The Consultant is to provide his/her equipment to produce all deliverables.
Value Added Tax clarification
Individual consultant without Indonesian tax ID: In accordance to Directorate General Taxation number SE-145/PJ/2010 VAT is applicable on foreign services rendered by international entities not registered in Indonesia are subject to 10% VAT.
Withholding tax on foreign services rendered/withholding tax Art 26
Payments of royalties, interest and service fees by resident taxpayer to a non-resident taxpayer are subject to 20% withholding tax Art 26. However, if the payment is made to a resident of a country with which Indonesia has signed a tax treaty, the withholding (WHT) may be reduced or exempted. Non resident tax payer should get the DGT1 form certified by their country of residence tax authority to be exempted from WHT. Please visit the following sites to download the DGT1 form. (http://www.pajak.go.id/content/formulir/10198/form-dgt-1)
Withholding tax on local purchase of goods and services
Payments of certain types of income paid to resident taxpayers are subject to withholding Art 23 at a rate of 15% (for dividend, interest, royalties) and 2% (rental of asset, other than land and building [which is subject to final tax Art 4(2)] and services such as technical, management, consulting services, etc).
The Consultant should have the following qualifications:
- Advanced degree (Master degree or higher) in civil engineering, urban planning, natural resource management, environmental economics, development studies, or other relevant studies;
- At least ten years of experience working and/or doing research in topics such as climate change adaptation projects financing and designing in developing countries, particularly in climate adaptive infrastructure, health and water security, and disaster and disaster risk management;
- Extensive knowledge of the implementation of climate change adaptation projects in Indonesia or other relevant countries;
- Strong knowledge and familiarity with Indonesia development planning documents, policies, and national priorities, such as National Medium-Term Development Plan (RPJMN) 2020-2024, Low Carbon Development Indonesia (LCDI), National Action Plan for Climate Change Adaptation, and Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs);
- Strong ability to work independently and under pressure with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Strong objective and critical analysis skills to analyze, evaluate, and summarize project proposals;
- Understanding of the Green Climate Fund (GCF) and GCF investment criteria is an advantage;
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written, is a must.
Conflict of Interest
To avoid conflict of interest, the Consultant should disclose the following (if any):
- Involvement in the development of any GCF concept notes/proposals in Indonesia;
- Current affiliation and roles in the (Direct) Accredited Entities in Indonesia
- Contract duration: October 2020 - November 2021
- Contract value: Up to USD 7,200 (dependent on credentials)
Date to close is Korean Standard Time (KST). Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered. Applications and CVs must be sent in English.