Hydraulics and Hydrology Lead
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
Dewberry has an immediate opportunity available for a Hydraulics and Hydrology Lead in our Raleigh, NC office. This is an opportunity for an individual with technical experience and business acumen to become part of a renowned team of professionals working in a great environment and applying the latest technology to a wide variety of projects including roadway drainage design, surface water design, and other water resources projects. This position will encompass responsibility for all aspects of production related to design and analyses related to roadway drainage and water resources services, as well as personnel and project management, quality control, marketing and client interface.
The position will provide flexibility for work assignments; schedules; interaction with clients, contractors, and construction projects; mentoring and training less experienced staff; and the opportunity to grow professionally. The work assignments primarily involve preparation of construction plans and design documents for federal, state and local governments; with emphasis on highway hydraulic design for NCDOT. The successful candidate can expect to work independently on some projects and with large teams on other projects.
Required Skills & Required Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years of water resources experience.
- North Carolina PE license is required.
- Experience and high competency levels in hydrology, hydraulics, stormwater best management practices, floodplain management, river hydraulics (including hydraulic design for bridges and culverts), design and construction techniques.
- Experience with NCDOT hydraulics a plus including; preliminary design reports, GEOPAK Drainage, BSR/CSR preparation, MOA submittal preparation, erosion and sediment control plans.
- Experience with municipal stormwater projects and processes.
- Knowledge of computer programs such as AutoCad, MicroStation, GEOPAK, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, HEC-1, HEC-2, TR-20, etc.
- Floodplain Manager Certification (CFM) is a plus.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
*All recipients of an offer of employment from Dewberry, will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry’s background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.