Chief of Party (WASH Research and Learning Activity)
Social Solutions International, Inc. (Social Solutions) is a Hispanic and woman-owned business emphasizing quality research and evaluation, training and technical assistance, and institutional support services. We are a mission-driven organization that believes that superior science can improve the world. Social Solutions is dedicated to the creation of social and health solutions to improve the welfare of underserved populations worldwide.
Overview of the Position
Social Solutions is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated global WASH Research and Learning Activity to be based in Washington DC (or possibly remote).
- Provide vision, leadership, guidance and direction for all research and learning activities
- Oversee the design and implementation of learning agendas, research tools, knowledge management, and training and capacity-building activities
- Provide managerial, contractual, and financial oversight of the Activity
- Serve as primary point of contact with USAID’s Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR)
- Oversee and coordinate technical guidance and training to USAID, and WASH implementing partners
- Provide quality assurance and responsiveness on all aspects research design, data collection, analysis, reporting, and learning.
- Anticipate needs for, and manage, short-term technical assistance and consultants.
- Master’s degree required in environmental studies, water resources management, public health, or social sciences.
- At least 15 years of professional experience in international development including leading the design and implementation of WASH projects
- Experience managing a team of professionals
- Expertise in implementation research including both quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Experience managing USAID projects; COP experience is preferable.
- Strong time management, organizational and communication skills, and exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
Social Solutions International offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. Please submit your resume online at www.socialsolutions.biz.
Social Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.