Be involved in projects with our growing SECC (Sustainability, Energy and Climate Change) team. See wsp.com/advancingsustainability for a description of our team and capabilities.
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Project Director for our Boston, MA office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing and managing sustainability and water stewardship programs, in addition to related strategies and policies
- Assessing sustainability- and water-related risk, leveraging tools such as the WRI Aqueduct Water Risk Atlas and the WWF Water Risk Filter
- Developing company and product life cycle inventories for energy, GHG, water, waste, and other resources
- Designing sustainability and water performance targets and accompanying strategies and achievement plans, including context-based water targets and water replenishment targets
- Identifying and evaluating opportunities for resource reductions (e.g., water efficiency, water reuse/recycling, water replenishment)
- Producing sustainability disclosures and other communications aligned with leading frameworks (e.g., CDP, GRI, SASB)
- Researching leading sustainability programs and initiatives
- Managing multiple projects and project teams concurrently
- Supporting business development activities with existing and prospective clients across sectors
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
- 7-12 years of professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred. Degree(s) in water, sustainability, engineering, environmental studies, public policy, or related discipline
- Experience in sustainability, energy, and/or management consulting is preferred
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, maturity, credibility, confidence, and integrity
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate results via Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and related software and craft compelling presentations and reports
- Experience in corporate water management and stewardship
- Experience with sustainability frameworks including CDP, DJSI, GRI, the GHG Protocol, SASB, and TCFD
- Ability to develop and present analyses using programs including Microsoft Excel, Access, and Power BI
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects/project teams concurrently, and manage time efficiently
- Ability to collaborate remotely across geographies and platforms
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 9,500 people in 150 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA Inc., WSP USA Buildings Inc., and WSP USA Services Inc. (collectively “WSP USA”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.