Project Coordinator "WASH COVID-19"
Plan International is a rights-based development and humanitarian organization working for better lives for all children. We are independent of government and have no political or religious affiliation. Our purpose is to strive for a just world that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for more than 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Our global strategy has a specific focus on girls, as they are often the most marginalized and most often left behind. We have committed ourselves to the ambitious target of reaching 100 million girls over 5 years, to ensure they can learn, lead, decide and thrive. This is our contribution to reaching the sustainable development goals, and in particular the goals on gender equality. Our organization is transforming itself to meet this enormous challenge everywhere we work. We need bold, forward-thinking and innovative individuals to lead our country operations, driving change and delivering results that will allow us to reach our target of 100 million girls.
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for the implementation of the “WASH COVID-19” Project, in Nampula Program Area, to be implemented in 21 communities from Mogovolas district.
The Project aims to to enable good hygiene practices and healthy COVID-19 prevention. The Hygiene Behaviour Change (HBC) strategy will be implemented with a focus on ensuring capability (those targeted will acquire information on hygiene best practices and healthy COVID-19 prevention messages) and opportunity (making sure that the those targeted have access to handwashing facilities and soap.); and motivation (making sure those targeted are being motivated to adopt good practices).
Accountabilities (BUT NOT LIMITED TO)
- Monitors project implementation through regular visits, meetings with community and other stakeholders and makes informed decisions as necessary.
- Manages the carrying out of baseline studies and the implementation of Project Review Findings and establish strategic priorities for program changes based on the findings.
- Ensure the collection, storing & management and analysis of good data to inform decision making.
- Coordinates all actions with partners, and integrate Project objectives/activities with the district government, stakeholders.
- Leads project staff, builds capacity of staff and communities through trainings, and identifies gaps in performance and coaches towards good performance.
- Guides and leads the project team in monitoring and checking of budget and expenditure, as required by the donor coordinates with the PA Finance department for budget management.
- Prepares all monthly, quarterly and annual project work plans and reports required by Plan Mozambique and the donor and by other project stakeholders and beneficiaries as appropriate.
- Document experiences and lessons learned through participatory approaches and share with stakeholders and civil society.
To maximize overall project impact and optimize contribution of others, the post holder will be required to initiate, develop and maintain a range of working relationships externally with government counterparts, local relevant clusters, implementing partners and other development organizations and internally with Program Area Manager, PA Accountant, Country Finance Manager, Gender and Influencing Specialist and MEAL Specialist.
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
- Degree in Communication/Social Sciences/Education or related discipline;
- 5 years’ work related experience on communication for behaviour change at national and provincial levels;
- Knowledge and Experience in project management cycle;
- Strong experience in report writing;
- Familiarity with national policies and programmes in Emergencies, Gender-based violence, Child Protection, livelihoods and WASH;
- Ability to prioritize work effectively for execution with limited resources;
- Ability to work independently without close supervision;
- Strong planning and organizational skills;
- Programme management skills with excellent grasp of programming concepts
- Analytical skills;
- Communication skills;
- High level advocacy skills;
- Facilitation and negotiation skills;
- Proficient in computer skills and use of relevant software and other applications
- Master’s Degree in Social Sciences or other equivalent
Women encouraged to Apply
Annual remuneration - Competitive
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
A range of pre-employment checks will be undertaken in conformity with Plan International's Child Protection Policy.
As an international child-centered community development organization, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children's rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organization, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.