Chief of Party (Sri Lanka Climate Change Adaptation Project)
Winrock is seeking Chief of Party candidates for the anticipated USAID Sri Lanka Climate Change Adaptation Project. The project is anticipated to be a five-year initiative to strengthen the resilience of the public and private sectors In Sri Lanka to reduce vulnerabilities to the impacts of climate change.
Position is contingent upon receipt of donor funding.
- Provide overall technical leadership and administrative oversight to achieve the results of the program.
- Serve as principal liaison to USAID.
- Oversee and be responsible for financial and administrative aspects of the initiative including managing the budget.
- Provide supervision, support, and direction to long- and short-term staff.
- Administer the project's financial oversight and procedures, ensuring compliance with established Winrock accounting principles and USAID regulations.
- Monitor program indicators, evaluate program results, and make recommendations for improvement in program implementation.
- Analyze project impact and challenges to adaptively manage the project to meet or exceed results.
- Ensure women and marginalized groups are beneficiaries of the project.
- Prepare annual work plans and progress reports and monitor the implementation of these plans.
- Prepare and submit quarterly reports on the progress of activities and achievement of program results to USAID.
- Interact directly and on a regular basis with USAID and other stakeholders.
- Participate in regular field visits to the project areas to assure project progress towards activity objectives and goals.
- Coordinate and communicate on a regular basis with Winrock’s Home Office.
- Manage relationships with complementary USAID and donor projects.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
- Master’s degree required in forestry or environmental management, global climate change, environmental economics, international development, public/business administration, governance, or relevant fields of study related to the sector of the project. PhD in a relevant discipline would be a distinct asset.
- Minimum 12 years of professional experience in fields required for the successful implementation of this program, such as forestry/natural resources management, climate change adaptation, disaster risk reduction, private sector engagement, climate finance, governance and capacity building, as well as an understanding of policy, economics, and market issues in these sectors.
- Proven exceptional leadership in the design, management, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of similar size and complex international donor support programs with skills in strategic planning, management, supervision, and budgeting.
- Proven ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse public and private partners and the ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams.
- Technical and managerial experience in Sri Lanka or in South or Southeast Asia.
- 10 years’ management experience, including at least one position as Chief of Party or Team Lead.
- Technical understanding of the linkages between disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation, climate finance, and natural resource management.
- Knowledge of USAID policies and procedures as related to project management required.
- Knowledge of the political, social, cultural, environmental, and development context of Sri Lanka strongly preferred.
- Strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills, including proven ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners and lead a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team.
- Ability to build coalitions and networks that can provide synergies and sustainable solutions for the program and improved charcoal alternatives.
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations and coalition building among host country government personnel, stakeholders, NGO partners, and international donor agencies.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills in English.
- Ability to work independently and manage a high-volume workflow.
About Winrock International
Winrock International is a recognized leader in U.S. and international development with a focus on social, agricultural and environmental issues. Inspired by its namesake, Winthrop Rockefeller, Winrock combines scientific and technical expertise with entrepreneurial innovation to deliver market-based solutions that improve lives around the world. Winrock’s mission is to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity and sustain natural resources across the globe.
Learn more about our projects: www.winrock.org