Chief of Party (Transform Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH))
Tetra Tech International Development Services, headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Chief of Party (COP) position on a USAID funded program in Mozambique. The Transform WASH activity will provide a range of long- and short-term technical assistance designed to support the Government of Mozambique (GoM), specifically local governments, in providing sustainable access to drinking water and sanitation in rural, small town, and urban settings.
* Provide the overall leadership, strategic guidance, vision, and management to staff for successful implementation and compliance with USAID regulations;
* Work closely with technical and administrative staff to ensure the integration of all technical areas as well as strong collaboration with donors and local counterparts;
* Meet contractual obligations, produce deliverables and targets, and achieve project results as specified by client;
* Provide quality control of products prepared by the team and provide technical guidance to partners;
* Communicate/work with key stakeholders at regional, national, and municipal levels.
* Master’s degree or higher in international development, water supply and sanitation, water resources management, civil engineering, economics, public administration, or another relevant field.
* At least 10 years of professional experience working on, designing, and/or implementing projects related to water sector governance and finance, WASH systems, private sector development, government and civil society accountability and municipal service provision, or other related fields including extensive experience in large donor-funded program management in Sub-Saharan Africa;
* At least 5 years managing development projects with large teams, and engaging with government representatives and project stakeholders on a large-scale (>$20 million) donor and/or USAID-funded projects;
* Demonstrated ability to manage a diverse team of experts and partners and a demonstrated ability to integrate content from multiple disciplines and sectors;
* Demonstrated technical knowledge of water utility performance and management;
* Experience in planning missions and coordinating logistics for team members;
* Excellent report writing and communication skills required;
* English and Portuguese language fluency (oral and written);
* Previous experience in Africa, preferably in Southern Africa, is required;
* Qualified Mozambican Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.