Deputy Chief of Party (Transform Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH))
Tetra Tech International Development Services, headquartered in Arlington, VA, is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) position on a USAID funded program in Mozambique. The Transform WASH activity will provide a range of long- and short-term technical assistance designed to support the Government of Mozambique (GoM), specifically local governments, in providing sustainable access to drinking water and sanitation in rural, small town, and urban settings.
* Provide the overall leadership, strategic guidance, vision and management to staff for successful implementation;
* Support the Chief of Party in all aspects of implementation to ensure deliverables and compliance.
* Work closely with technical and administrative staff to ensure the integration of all technical areas as well as strong collaboration with other donors, local organizations and local government counterparts;
* Meet contractual obligations, produce deliverables and targets, and achieve project results as specified by the client;
* Provide quality control of products prepared by the team and provide technical guidance to partners;
* Communicate/work with key stakeholders at regional, national and municipal levels.
* Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in international development, public administration, business management, water and sanitation, water resources management or other relevant disciplines;
* At least 10 years of professional experience implementing projects related to governance and service delivery, particularly within the WASH sector;
* At least 5 experience leading technical teams and activities for large-scale (>$20 million) donor and USAID funded projects;
* Demonstrated ability to manage a diverse team of experts and partners and a demonstrated ability to integrate content from multiple disciplines and sectors;
* Experience in planning missions and coordinating logistics for team members;
* Proven ability to maintain productive working relationships with government officials, private sector actors, and other stakeholders;
* Ability to serve as acting Chief of Party in his/her absence;
* Excellent report writing and communication skills required;
* Experience working with a regulator and/or water utilities preferred;
* English and Portuguese language fluency (oral and written);
* Previous experience in Africa, preferably in Southern Africa, is required;
* Qualified Mozambican Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.