WASH Project Manager
Expatriate contract under Swiss labor code 2’950 CHF (~2’550 €) 4'300 CHF (~3’700 €) net salary/month according to experience x 13, Annual Leave: 25 days per year. Contract includes also local accommodation and transportation, health and repatriation insurance, return flight.
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss organisation for children’s aid. Since 1960, Tdh has helped build a better future for deprived children and their communities, making an impact with innovative and sustainable solutions. Active in more than 45 countries, Tdh works with local and international partners to develop and implement field projects which improve the daily lives of over 3 million children and their relatives, in the domains of health, protection and emergency relief. This engagement is financed by individual and institutional support, with administrative costs kept to a minimum.
In 2015, Tdh launched an integrated emergency WaSH, Child Protection and NFI response in Iraq, following several waves of IDPs resulting from military operations to free Shirgat districts, as well as the South Mossul Corridor. Tdh with its 200 staff employees is currently implementing a 12 Million CHF emergency and rehabilitation program, throughout the country.
Détails de la fonction :
- Develop, implement and monitor all component of WASH projects in accordance with donors’ commitments, local constraints and quality standards;
- Carry out initial, intermediate and final assessments following M&E plan;
- Regularly report on internal project progress to the field coordinator or donors (external reporting);
- Actively participate in Tdh WASH strategy design in collaboration with the field coordinator and the WASH coordinator or Deputy Country Representative;
- Participate in technical capitalization through lessons learnt;
- Identify logistic and administrative support needs related to the WASH project and communicate on possible challenges to the field coordinator and/or relevant log/admin support staff;
- Work in close collaboration and consultation with available government structures, non-government actors, cluster system and community representatives;
- Carry out necessary recruitment process, job description revision, in respect to the local regulations and in collaboration with the HR department;
- Lead and manage the team; strengthen the skills of the team members through constant informal support, workshops organization and/or training sessions;
- Train, coach and support the Deputy PM with a view of getting him to take over the position of project manager;
- Organize capacity building of local actors linked to the project (water directorate, water committees, community volunteers, WASH groups, etc.);
- In collaboration with the MEAL team, oversee the implementation of mobile data collection and database tools and ensure data protection procedures’ respect;
- Represent Tdh in meetings related to WASH projects with local actors and actively participate in the cluster meetings in Mosul and Erbil (mainly remotely);
- Work in close collaboration with Tdh other sectors (child protection and education) and promote a comprehensive integrated approach, particularly at the school level (WASH in schools);
Responsabilités principales :
The WASH project manager will be based in the city of Telafar in the governorate of Ninewa. S/he will oversee the WASH activities conducted from the Telafar base in Telafar and Sinjar districts namely, mainly emergency WASH activities related to the COVID-19 response as well as a community-based WASH rehabilitation/development project.
The WASH PM will be responsible of the proper conduct of the project(s) for which s/he is responsible, the respect of commitments to donors (project indicators and targets, allocated budget, deadlines, reporting) and the quality of interventions while respecting Tdh's Iraq delegation internal procedures.
- At least BSc degree (master’s degree preferred) in a relevant field such as water management (hydrology, hydraulics, water quality), environmental health, or public health;
- Strong capacities in project management with significant experiences with international NGO;
- 2 years previous work experience on a similar position;
- Good skills in written and spoken English, Arabic is an asset;
- Training and capacity building skills are desired;
- Knowledge and strong interest in hygiene promotion, community mobilization, and behavior change communication is desirable;
- Basic knowledge of rural hydraulics (boreholes and water network systems) is desired;
- Knowledge of the Iraqi and/or Middle Eastern context will be considered as an asset;
- Knowledge of infection prevention and control standard procedures linked with the COVID-19 pandemic will be considered as an asset;
- Proven leadership skills;
- Dynamism, motivation and excellent team spirit;
- Good personal stress management and ability to absorb a large quantity of work per rush period;
- Excellent ability to communicate, active listening and diplomacy competencies;