Director of Major Projects (Water Sector)
At Arcadis, we never lose sight of what’s most important. Because look beyond our projects and programmes and you’ll see it’s about human stories. From remaking public spaces that bring people together, to making cities easier to navigate, we’re focused on making an impact where it matters most – and improving quality of life.
It’s a big challenge. And why we need people committed to bringing their best, who deliver on their promises. People who value different perspectives, build sustainable relationships and dare to shape the future. People who seize the experiences available to transform their world – and the world around them.
It’s a shared goal amongst 27,000 Arcadians. And one we can only achieve by working together and applying our skills and expertise across design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. It’s how we’ll find solutions to our clients’ most complex challenges. And how we’ll deliver exceptional results, today and tomorrow.
If you’re a Senior Technical Director looking for a career that plays to your strengths, keep reading as this opportunity might be for you. Join our Design & Engineering team focusing on major projects within Water & Wastewater and you’ll discover great client-focused people and a business culture focused on helping you flourish as a professional, not on squeezing you into a corporate box.
Overview of Role:
- Work with the Director of Engineering to lead the delivery of the Design and Build strategy, including the overall growth target for the D&B capability
- Identify clients and construction partners to work with for major projects and D&B bids
- Lead major project bids and tender designs, primarily in Water and Wastewater
- Organise & oversee commercial proposals for major project bids
- Be the Technical authority on complex non-infrastructure schemes, major pumping stations and other large network schemes
- Lead and develop the D&B team capability
- Manage multi-discipline staff from multiple organisations on Projects
- Work with our Digital lead to integrate BIM and Design Automation technology into our D&B offering to clients
- Oversee any technical activity relating to responding to contractor claims or legal issues
What You have to Offer:
- Be a Technical Expert in either Civil, Structural, MEICA or Process Engineering
- Hold a Civil, Structural or Engineering Degree or qualification
- Ideally be Chartered in a relevant field
- Have a track record in Design Management of £100m+ Water and Wastewater projects
- Be versatile, and able to apply skills to other (possibly framework or smaller project) work when the pipeline varies
- Digitally fluent and keen to progress a Digital Transformation
- Keen to keep abreast of latest technology/innovation to evolve and develop as part of tender solutions
- As travel is involved, you must be comfortable with regular UK travel and some International trips
- Be prepared to work in a co-located client/contractors office environment
At Arcadis, you’ll have the opportunity to build the career that’s right for you. Because each Arcadian has their own motivations, their own career goals. And, as a ‘people ﬁrst’ business, it’s why we’ll take the time to listen, to understand what you want from your time here, and provide the support you need to achieve your ambitions.
Wherever you join us, you can look forward to a competitive reward package that includes an attractive starting salary, opportunities for career development and being part of a sociable community. We have a performance-related bonus scheme and an employee recognition scheme. Other beneﬁts include membership fees to join your relevant professional body, employer contribution pension scheme, ﬂexible working and a flexible holiday scheme.
We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.