Background / General description:
|IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. Working with 2,000 businesses worldwide, we use our six decades of experience to create opportunity where it’s needed most. In FY16, our long-term investments in developing countries rose to nearly $19 billion, leveraging our capital, expertise and influence to help the private sector end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.|
CNGWM is a part of Infrastructure and Natural Resources Department, leads IFC investment program in Water and Municipal Infrastructure globally.
CNGWM is now seeking an experienced Program Assistant. The Assistant will provide assistance to the Manager and the Investment team within the Unit, and will carry the overall responsibility for providing high quality, timeliness and completeness of administrative and client support functions for all of them. The Assistant is the first point of contact for the Unit and will liaise with an extensive network of contacts internally and externally, will coordinate various business/project related activities with HQ front office and other departmental units, including liaison work with regional offices, assisting in the preparation and logistical arrangements for conferences, seminars, workshops and similar functions, as required.
Duties and Accountabilities:
|• Managing the calendar of the Manager;|
• Handling all administrative logistics for mission travel, conferences, other professional events;
• Providing effective administrative and operational support to the team on all aspects of dissemination of correspondence and project related documents;
• Drafting/editing correspondence, responding to queries relating to team activities, using proper English, grammar and punctuation;
• Processing high quality project documentation, ensuring proper use of operational policies, procedures and guidelines;
• Coordinating with counterparts in the field offices, clients, and headquarters
• Maintaining project files – ensuring all incoming and outgoing project-related documents are logged into iPortal;
• Assisting callers pro-actively, taking accurate telephone messages and ensuring they are routed in a courteous and timely manner to the proper source
• Arranging meetings and ensuring all logistics (hospitality, conference rooms, audiovisual, video conferences, visitor passes, etc.) are completed in a timely manner
• Maintaining up-to-date chronological files, travel and administrative files;
• Providing support to staff on downloading documents, updating information and other related tasks in Spark;
• Arranging interviews/travel logistics for candidates visiting HQ
• Managing P-Card for the unit
• Adapting to changing business needs by continuous learning/training.
• Coordinator for the Leave & Attendance Record (LARS) and Times Recording (TRS) systems.
|• Previous work experience in similar position.|
• Advanced knowledge of IFC’s procedures and processes; or previous relevant experience.
• Excellent organizational, administrative, and time management skills with proven ability to work promptly and efficiently under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Excellent judgment in handling confidential and sensitive information.
• Ability to think independently, analyze problems and preemptively identify appropriate solutions.
• Ability to effectively address multiple tasks.
• Excellent skills and use of relevant computer software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes).
• Excellent team player with outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work with people at all levels (inside and outside IFC) with demonstrated maturity, team spirit and responsiveness.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Language Requirement: English
Only online applications are accepted. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews