Full Job Description
POSITION DESCRIPTION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Water Resources Coordinator
The Water Resources Coordinator performs a wide variety of water management-oriented tasks with emphasis on water demand forecasting, long-term water supply planning, water conservation and water rights management.
Responsible for developing water management and conservation programs; Assists in long-range resource planning efforts; Develops and implements plans and programs to enhance resource conservation and water management objectives for Medford Water Commission and partner agencies, Manages water rights portfolio and regulatory reporting requirements. Active Communication and Respectfulness of co-workers and the public are skills required for this position, as are incorporating Medford Water Commission Values into daily activities.
EXAMPLES OF WORK (Illustrative Only)
1) Communicates effectively with the general public, staff, and the Board of Water Commissioners
2) Presents technical and educational programs to schools, organizations, and the general public
3) Assists management in reviewing Local, State and Federal water management developments
4) Coordinates compliance with State mandated conservation planning requirements
5) Participates in community and regional committees addressing long-term planning and resource management issues
6) Tracks and manages water rights and permit conditions
7) Custodians of Water Management and Conservation Plan
8) Assist in supporting Emergency Action Plan
9) Participate in land development and irrigation reviews with City of Medford
10) Organize and staff booths at related public events, assists with annual tours
11) Assists in overseeing compliance with AWWA M36 requirements
12) Other related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Knowledge of water related issues; Skilled in written and oral communications; Proficient in computer programs like Microsoft Office Suite; Ability to organize, coordinate, and implement complex programs; Ability to use sound independent judgment and to accept responsibility; Ability to get along well with others and speak effectively in public; Ability to work both independently or as a team member on projects and programs.
Technical Capacity, Attention to Detail, Communication, Collaboration/Teamwork, Time Management, Leadership and Ethical Practice
TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, AND LICENSING REQUIRED
Completion of (4) years of college with a Bachelors of Science degree; three or more years of experience in a water related capacity position; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the position such as those listed above; Valid Oregon Driver’s License and acceptable driving record.
Positions in this class typically require: repetitive motions, reaching, standing, walking, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing and seeing. Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or an eligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Work duties are both inside and outside; Ability for continuous walking and/or with short bursts of running, while working outdoors.
Only complete application packets will be accepted for position consideration: cover letter, resume and application.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $5,508.00 - $6,175.00 per month
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Front counter is closed to the public. Please apply online or mail an completed application packet to: 200 S. Ivy, Rm 177 Medford, OR 97501
- Water Related: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- What water related work experience do you have? Please describe.