Program Manager (Monitoring & Compliance - Water Program)
ech2 Solutions (T2S) is a critical subcontractor on the N3B Los Alamos LLC team and will be providing program management and technical services in support of the ground & surface water monitoring program at the U.S. Department of Energy’s Los Alamos National Laboratory.
T2S is a full-service engineering and environmental consulting company with a worldwide reach in the areas of environmental monitoring and remediation, national security, systems engineering, data management and analytics for both federal and commercial customers..
T2S is currently seeking an experienced Program Manager, Monitoring & Compliance Program. While working to achieve N3B LLCC objectives, will ensure all activities and operations are performed in a safe and deliberate manner; will maintain required safety, security and operational training; assure procedural and regulatory compliance; and make safety and security an integral part of every task; including taking the necessary steps to stop work if continuing the job is unsafe or compromises security.
Water Program – Monitoring & Compliance Program Manager – Compliance Duties:
- Oversees and ensures effective management of the scope, schedule, and budget for the compliance projects in the Water Program in compliance with the Consent Order and the Individual Permit (IP) for Stormwater, including the Groundwater Monitoring, Surface Water Monitoring, and IP Stormwater Corrective Action Projects
- Supervises staff in this project area, including supervisory staff leading the individual compliance projects.
- Ensures effective implementation of compliance projects, coordination of site inspections, and maintenance of telemetry and other monitoring equipment
- Resolves Water Programs Operations issues related to successful conduct of operations
- Verifies the implementation of safety and quality programs by the field staff
- Interacts with N3B management and local stakeholder staff as needed
Essential Duties/Responsibilities (may include, but are not limited to):
- Assists the Water Program Director in ensuring Contract compliance within the Monitoring and Compliance domain
- Plans, prepares and issues project and task schedules and reports to meet N3B, DOE-EM, NMED, and EPA requirements.
- Responsible duties as Control Account Manager (CAM) for Monitoring & Compliance that include; baseline development, invoice approvals, reviews and updates project schedule, cost estimates, and estimate at completion.
- Responsible for assuring financial and progress information to T2S business systems to be uploaded to N3B business systems.
- Manages the status of work in progress, cost to date, personnel availability, development of scopes of work (SOW), subcontracts, and project issues.
- Responsible for overall delivery of compliance projects safely, on-time, and at an optimal cost.
- Responsible for updating work control and project data databases.
- Responsible for overseeing the preparation, content, and quality of deliverables and reports.
- Oversees schedules and expedites the movement of personnel and equipment to and from project sites.
- Complies with all health & safety policies and practices.
- Complies with all site access and security requirements.
- Ensures a means of emergency communications with field teams.
- Expert knowledge and ability to develop and apply highly advanced principles, concepts and techniques in project management involving water monitoring and compliance, corrective actions, environmental services, remediation services, and/or ecological services.
- Skill and ability to perform critical strategic tasks and to interpret broad strategic requirements and develop and execute plans to satisfy them.
- Ability to have major impact on organizational success and productivity, with extensive latitude for independent judgment.
- Ability to communicate effectively at the highest levels.
- Ability to develop and lead large sized projects, including defining scope, objectives and methods.
- Ability to train and mentor more junior staff.
- Can be viewed as an expert within a specialty and as highly competent within the broad discipline, both internally and externally.
- An advanced level of mathematical skills, communication skills, reasoning ability and computer skills necessary to perform essential functions of the job.
- Ability to work in a team oriented project environment.
- Familiarity with the LANL site, access requirements, general employee requirements, and work environment preferred.
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor's degree in Science, Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent, and at least 15 years’ experience. Equivalent work and education experience can be substituted.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements (Light Work):
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Light Work Category - Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for sedentary work. The employee exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
In this position the qualified candidate will support the following departments, Groundwater Monitoring, Surface Water Monitoring, Storm Water Corrective Actions, and other Technical Services.
The qualified candidate may be required to attain and maintain a DOE Q clearance.
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Individual must pass a pre-employment drug screen and accept all company policies. This position may require a physical fit-for-duty screen as well.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
Share on your newsfeed