Global Environmental Senior Program Manager
At Amazon, we are committed to and invested in our environment because it’s a win all around – it’s good for business, the planet, our customers, and our communities. The Worldwide Environmental Assurance & Protection team capitalizes on Amazon’s scale, speed, and ability to invent and simplify to create a better and more resilient company. We manage our environmental impacts globally, and uphold company standards and expectations and seek to continuously improve the tools and processes that we use in doing so.
The Global Environmental Senior Program Manager will be responsible for developing and enabling field solutions with regard to our corporate Air and Water standards and ensure compliance with all applicable regulations. By focusing on country specific regulations, risk assessments, and compliance evaluations, this individual will develop and lead continuous improvement initiatives to minimize environmental aspects and impacts to implement best practices. The Global Environmental Senior Program Manager will use effective communication to send clear, concise, and consistent messages, both verbally and in writing. The person in this role will use environmental regulatory knowledge and expertise when working with partners worldwide. The Global Environmental Senior Program Manager will focus on implementing scalable and sustainable solutions and programs while increasing compliance in the environmental field.
· Develop, integrate, and execute strategies, procedures, programs, standards, training, processes and actions throughout the operations organization to facilitate regulatory compliance.
· Monitor business/geo performance against applicable environmental regulations, programs and standards.
· Ensure adequate assessment, prevention and control, and management of Air and Water issues and risks arising from operations, vendors and suppliers, company products, and business affairs.
· Utilize understanding of global air and water regulations and programs to support field escalations from operations, environmental affairs, WHS, Legal, and other internal stakeholders.
· Think big to develop and implement standardized tech and program solutions to increase compliance while reducing our environmental impact.
· Travel up to 25% to visit sites across the U.S.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 3+ years' experience as an Air and/or Water technical resource, manager, program specialist, or program manager
· Experience using knowledge of Air and Water regulations, programs and processes
· Experience partnering with worldwide teams to develop and implement programs as well as on continuous improvement projects
· Experience influencing without authority to lead change in multiple site environments
· Experience using written and verbal communication skills, to interface with Senior Managers and Directors
· Experience using interpersonal skills to work effectively to achieve results
· Experience using analytical skills and problem solving skills professionally
· Bachelor’s Degree in chemistry, chemical or environmental engineering or related field of study
· ISO 14000 or equivalent experience
· Experience in a fast paced, changing/growing organization
· Experience implementing lean principles and process improvement in an operational environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.