Hydro-GIS is a specialist hydrological research and consultancy organisation. From local area flooding to global climate change, our strategic support and guidance enables clients worldwide to quantify environmental impacts and to identify and prioritise actions. We provide analysis, modelling and advice in the assessment of flood risk and water management.
Hydro-GIS is a small, specialist team of experienced individuals. We are committed to recruiting and developing staff of the highest calibre – people who have the desire and determination to succeed and be ambitious, not only for themselves but for their colleagues and clients too. We provide a relaxed working environment where we share knowledge, ideas and experience to underpin our value of working collaboratively.
The Hydro-GIS office is based in Oxfordshire but we offer all our staff the flexibility to work from home.
Are you an enthusiastic and highly motivated graduate / post graduate seeking the right opportunity to further progress your career? We are currently recruiting for a hydrologist, offering an opportunity to gain experience working on a range of projects from local flood studies to international research projects. We are seeking a highly skilled individual with expertise using Arc GIS including the spatial analyst and 3d analyst extensions.
For the role the candidate should have:
- A first degree in geography, environmental science, civil engineering or a related science subject
- Completed a PhD in hydrology or have a Masters’ degree in hydrology, water resources, environmental management or relevant subject with at least 3 years’ experience in consultancy
- A good understanding of flood management, particularly in relation to the insurance sector including experience of flood mapping, flood catastrophe modelling, flood risk assessments, the design of SUDS and artificial wetlands
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Good attention to detail, record keeping, presentation and report writing skills
- An attitude which is flexible, intuitive, adaptable and self-motivated
- Fluency in another European language would be an advantage
- The ability to programme in Python or other languages would also be an advantage.
Other appropriate skills would be in the application and development of hydrological models, data analysis in XL and experience in undertaking hydrological related fieldwork.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From £25,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
Doing our bit to collectively reduce the spread of Coronavirus COVID-19, we have put in place flexible and remote working, client contact is currently restricted to e-mail and phone and we have updated our travel policy.
- consultancy: 3 years (Preferred)
- Master's (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19