We are looking for a Communications Manager to manage a 4 member communications team and drive communications strategy across the organization as it rapidly scales, and to help amplify the work of WOTR to its key stakeholders.
SALARY: According to skills/experience of candidate.
REPORTING: Executive Director
IMPLEMENT COMMUNICATIONS STRATEGY
The communications Manager will be responsible to drive implementation of and contribute to, Communications Strategy, including:
- Participation in meetings and workshops to upgrade Communications Strategy.
- Annual Review of Communications Strategy in collaboration with Management & Vendors.
- Development of Annual Communications Budget for the Organisation.
BRAND & CORPORATE IDENTITY
You will be responsible to ensure the proper use of brand and corporate identity across the organization, including:
- Ensuring adherence to brand guidelines for on ground programme signage
- Training internal stakeholders on branding guidelines and key templates ie PPT, A4 Template, signage, images among others.
- Will be responsible for assisting with the coordination of all branding for events, including invitations, agenda/programs, signage, standees, flex backdrops, kits, gifts and registration desk.
TOOLS, COLLATERALS & REPORTS
Will be responsible to facilitate the development and distribution of all key collaterals and communication tools for WOTR. Specific Tools and Collaterals will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Collaterals (Program Brochures, Fact Sheets, Leaflets, Caselets) – you will facilitate/ contribute to the development and updation of these collaterals on an Annual basis. And will monitor stock supplies / facilitate reprinting.
- Monthly Newsletter / Quarterly Magazine – Curate/ contribute to the development and distribution of newsletters and publications, including identification of themes, story ideas and editing. This will also include the oversight and regular updation of WOTR database.
- AV Films & Video Content – Will also be responsible for identification of AV Film needs and to conceptualise messaging. You will also coordinate with external vendors for development of overarching videos on WOTR philosophy and programmes.
- Annual Report – You will be responsible to identify themes for reports, brainstorm content with ED and programme heads and contribute/oversee writing/collation of content i.e. gathering case studies, highlights, impact data, images, internal reports and testimonials. You will also work with graphic designers and facilitate the printing and dissemination of reports (working with vendors).
- Research Reports – You will be responsible to take findings of research reports and articulate them into everyday language for widespread publicity.
- Donor Stewardship Reports & Tools – You will work with fundraising and programme managers to ensure the development and design of strong templates and tools for donor stewardship.
- Website: Will be responsible to coordinate with website managers and oversee/ contribute to the regular update of impact data, case studies and images on the site. Will be responsible for the monthly review of Website Analytics and development of short report, including monthly traffic, most popular pages, linkages to website and other information so as to inform website management.
- Blog: Will be responsible to contribute/ curate content for blog, in liaison with management and program heads, and strategically plan topics and story ideas. Will be responsible to write some articles, and edit and polish all articles for publishing, and rework in alignment with overarching positioning to meet target market needs.
- Social Media (YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.): Will be responsible for planning content, including contributing to ideas and the edit of content across all platforms as guided by management including contribution to various campaigns. Will be responsible for overseeing social media strategy and working with vendors (i.e. Social Media Consultant) to enhance social media footprint and drive traffic to website.
You will be responsible to liaise with media and provide content for coverage to enhance WOTR’s profile in a variety of publications and media. You will also work with PR vendors to create opportunities for media coverage.
- Will be responsible for collating information for development of Awards Applications in collaboration with key internal departments.
- You will be responsible for ensuring effective information management (storage and organizing of files such as photos, case studies, data and other information) for easy access and record keeping.
- You will provide support to the ED, Directors and Managing Trustee for speaking engagements and media interviews.
Qualifications – Graduate/postgraduate in mass media or communications for development OR Social Work Graduate with interest/passion for Communications.
Minimum 5-7s years’ experience in organizational communications (non-profit sector a bonus), corporate communications or relevant role.
- Strong coordination skills and an ability to manage a variety of staff and vendors.
- Excellent writing skills with an ability to write in different styles and voices.
- An eye for design and aesthetics.
- Proficient in Hindi & English and familiarity with Marathi an advantage.
- Ability to manage end to end communications projects within set timeframe.
- Strong Computer Skills
- Creativity and idea generation.
- Attention to adherence to quality.
- Professional demeanor.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Diligent Worker.
- Ability to Multitask and handle a variety of projects at once.
- Outcome Oriented.
- Team Player
THOSE WHO HAVE ALREADY APPLIED NEED NOT SEND THEIR CANDIDATURE PLEASE
ALL APPLICATIONS TO BE SENT TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
With subject line of Application for the position of Communication Manager and attach your CV