Junior Water Resources Engineer
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder Associates is seeking a Junior Water Resources Engineer to join its Mine, Water & Environment team. This role can be based in either Vancouver, Calgary or Castelgar. The incumbent will be involved in a wide range of engineering projects, from conceptual water management planning to detailed design of water infrastructure and will support Golder’s business related to the mining, infrastructure, and power sectors.:
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Conducting hydrologic assessments, site-wide and local area water balances, options assessments for water management infrastructure, hydraulic and streamflow evaluations, and design of water diversions and control structures.
- Participating in surface water resources projects, including watershed management, impact assessments, natural channel design, flood mapping, and environmental compliance and permitting;
- Performing quality assurance / quality control duties and managing sediment and erosion control related to construction of water management infrastructure;
- Conducting field studies involving flow measurements and water quality sampling, and supporting groundwater and geotechnical site investigations;
- Entering, analyzing, and managing various surface water and groundwater data;
- Watershed and hydraulic modelling to support assessments and design; and
- Other duties as required.
The preferred candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering from an Accredited University is required, and a post graduate degree is preferred.
- Eligibility to register as an EIT with Engineers and Geoscientists BC
- Experience with hydrologic and hydraulic analyses, as well as interpretation of water quality data.
- Understanding of water balances, including experience developing models using GoldSim software.
- Familiarity with hydrology, hydraulics, database and GIS software.
- Experience in river engineering, fluvial geomorphology and scour analysis, and exposure to environmental impact assessments and surface water monitoring programs.
- Experience within the mining, infrastructure, and/or power sectors.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- An ability to manage time and resources effectively
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder’s 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.