Post-doctoral Fellow (Water Quality)
: We are seeking applications for Postdoctoral Researcher position at Carnegie Mellon University Qatar campus. This funded position will focus on Using Bacteriophages as Biomonitoring Tools for Water Quality Measurements.
1. Participate in the regular meetings of the project team, follow the progress, the challenges and propose solutions.
2. Facilitating water sample collections for bacteriophage isolation by coordination with governmental and private relevant authorities mainly Ashghal and Wastewater Treatment Plant (WWTP) operation companies. This will facilitate the project activities, allow data accessibility and provide easier access to sampling locations to conduct field measurements.
3. Lead the chemistry part of the research activities (Physical parameters such as temperature, pH, TDS and EC and chemical parameters such as organic matter, nutrients and trace metals. This work will be carried out by Dr. Shomar and the chemistry lab at CMU-Q (IC, ICPOES). The standard methods will be used for the sampling strategy, sample preservation, preparation and analysis. The scientific approaches of QA/QC will be used.
4. Prepare and finalize technical report for the obtained data of the chemistry lab
5. Participate in the paper writing for publication in international journals.
6. Participate in the regular progress reports to the QNRF (Funding agency) in full coordination with the LPI.
7. Facilitate a national workshop with all relevant stakeholders and academic sectors to be hosted by CMU-Q on project findings dissemination.
8. Support the young students and project members on aspects of water and wastewater treatment technologies in general and the ones used in Qatar in particular. This is part of the human resources capacity building.
9. Utilize the results of the ongoing project for potential new research proposals at different scales and projects (e.g. student proposals, external grants, etc.)